HDMI: Amzer vs. Sprint cable

Last Updated:

1. IPvFletch

IPvFletch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey folks, I have some GOOD news and some BAD news...

First off, I got the Amzer Micro HDMI cable recently and it did NOT work. It worked for maybe a split-second then crashed my HDMI stack (I believe, had to reboot to reproduce it). This is the SAME CABLE that MANY OTHERS have used WITH SUCCESS. So I believe there to be some bad Amzer batches of cables out there, BEWARE!!

Next up, I got the Sprint HDMI cable (and paid 2x for it). It works flawlessly! No problems whatsoever, no need to wiggle it or anything. It just works!

I'm going to try and return my Amzer cable but I'm happy just paying the $30 for a WORKING cable (Sprint). They are not easy to find either (BB, RS, Sprint all sold out, but more coming in at various times, so you may get lucky like I did this afternoon at another Sprint store).

I couldn't get YouTube to work but I think it is a content issue. I also couldn't get my PPT files to load in the QuickOffice app. I renamed it from .ppt to .pps and that didn't work either, but there is no "slide show" mode for PPT viewing apparently.

I don't have Sling so I could not try but rumor has it Android exposed the HDMI interface so in theory Sling could have/add HDMI support.

Advertisement
  2. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

Get Docs to Go, you can view PPT in that. It's free for viewing.

3. IPvFletch

Dang it's only free for Word and Excel viewing. Does it even support HDMI out though (assuming I paid for the PPT viewer)?

4. tex texington

tex texington Well-Known Member

You are lucky. I have had both and neither works. Maybe its a HDMI port problem on my phone. Returning cable and possibly phone tomorrow.

Tex

5. Vincent Law

Vincent Law Well-Known Member

Nothing supports HDMI out except the native video player and YouTube, currently.

6. twincitiesjhawk

twincitiesjhawk Member

Just got the Amzer cable in the mail yesterday and videos work perfectly on my sony xbr9

7. IPvFletch

Glad to hear, I think I just got a bad cable.