• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
So i read on another forum this guys reply he got from HTC about his evo being capped at 30 FPS.

"Since the HTC EVO 4G employs a unique HDMI output to deliver video in HD quality to an external display, the hardware graphics driver interface on the HTC EVO 4G uses significant resources for the HDMI output and therefore displays graphics at 30 frames per second on the integrated display. This is a hardware limitation rather than software. It is important to keep in mind that content including most movies and television, are created to run at between 24 and 30 frames per second. The 30FPS is a hardware limitation. We have found that some games may be impacted by this limitation."

Now i don't know if this is a real reason or just some mumbo jumbo a rep spit out but I hope the HMDI won't cause this issue on the droid x!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones