HDMI - compatibility - resolution - qualityGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Matthiasdb

Matthiasdb Well-Known Member

I've been trying to connect me TF with my Panasonic 42 "full hd tv but nothing happens, not on the TF nor the TV.

Then I connected it to the Samsung (1366x768) of my mother in law and their it worked although the resolution was far from good. It seemed like 640x480 stretched to widescreen. The colours were very off and there was lots of dithering in for example the skies (like it showed only 4096 colours). the picture was extremely grainy and looked like a overly compressed jpg with jpg artefacts all over. I could not find any setting for hdmi out resolution.
    This kinda rendered the hdmi out completely useless because pictures looked plain awfull.

So what gives here?? Is the hdmi out not compatible with certain TV's? And when it works, can't you choose resolution?? Ok I'm not really expecting 1920*1080 but it should at least be able to do 720p, shouldn't it?

2. Pretkomel

Pretkomel Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. I connect it to may Samsung tv and it looks awesome. Picture quality is excellent. I cannot help because I have no problems with mine.
  3. gwc17

gwc17 Active Member

Mini HDMI out to Sony 32" HDMI in gives me very good results here.
    Bought low cost cable from Amazon
  4. Matthiasdb

Matthiasdb Well-Known Member

No one else has tried this on a Panasonic HDTV?
    Still not working for me, though my Canon 7D works perfectly with that cable so that can't be the problem.
  5. Bunjiweb

Bunjiweb Well-Known Member

Tried mine on mum and dad's Panasonic 32" LCD (G20 I think?) Worked perfectly first time at 720P same as on my Samsung 40" 1080p 6 Series LCD.

Possibly a problem with the cable? Other than that not sure - HDMI should set optimum resolution automatically - hence no settings required.

6. Chaco

Chaco Well-Known Member

I output to my 50" Samsung DLP 720p HDTV and it looks great.

my HDTV scrops some of the image, but thats expected on my type of TV

i say the TV has issues handling the signal.
  7. lcmurray56

lcmurray56 New Member

8. kampfwolf09

kampfwolf09 Well-Known Member

The 3.2 update is bringing better scaling and compatibility...particularly for 720p TVs. That might help. I know my roomie's Vizio wouldn't connect on the first try. Had to unplug and replug it, then powercycle the TV to get output.
  9. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Well-Known Member

make sure the cable is inserted ALL THE WAY into the transformer. I had to force it a little the first few times. Works fine on my 32" vizio.
  10. gwc17

gwc17 Active Member

lcmurray56. I some time get the same message, but inputting again the Mini HDMI on the Tablet appears to obtain proper connection...Move the Mini part slightly back & forth may connect with the pins correctly ?.
  11. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

I have 2 Samsung HDTV's and it works fine on both with excellent image quality at 720p.
    Grab your remote and set the picture size to "Just Scan" and it will show 100% of the TF output. Normally using 16:9 mode trims a bit of the scanned video to prevent any info at the edges displaying when watching videos, TV signals, etc.