HDMI output from TransformerGeneral

1. tyro1

tyro1 New Member

I know this has been reported on other forums, but I wondered whether any member has a solution. My Transformer won't output anything to my Sony Bravia Tv; using the same hdmi cable works fine with a Matsui tv, and aslo my pc's monitor which is a Viewsonic with hdmi input.
    Other reports have mentioned Panasonic tvs. I should add that I have tried all four hdmi ports on the tv, but nothing happens.
    Any suggestions, anyone?

Advertisement
    :
  2. mhayes86

mhayes86 Member

I was wondering the same thing. It's not working on my Panasonic, but works perfectly on my Samsung.

Edit: Whoops! I meant that it's not working on my Philips HDTV. I don't own a Panasonic.
  3. Scottewing

Scottewing New Member

I'd be iterested in a solution to this as well.
  4. MassacrMan

MassacrMan Well-Known Member

Outputs perfectly on my Samsung 46", not really sure why it's being so selective... definitely worth looking into.
  5. AutobahnSHO

AutobahnSHO Well-Known Member

There are several different versions of HDMI, they're on wikipedia.

You'll have issues with a new device on an older TV, or an older device on a newer TV.
  6. mhayes86

mhayes86 Member

Hmm, I'll have to check that out. Besides a possible difference in HDMI as you mentioned, my Samsung HDTV (where it works) is actually a couple years older than my Panasonic (where it doesnt work), which is only a year old.

Edit: Again, whoops! I meant that it doesn't work on my Philips HDTV. I don't own a Panasonic.
  7. AutobahnSHO

I'd look it up, but I'm on extremely slow interwebz now. (and for the next half year).

You also might check cable specifications. There might be a difference, and the Transformer likely uses teh newer coding.
  8. Matthiasdb

Matthiasdb Well-Known Member

No luck here either on my panasonic... doesn't do anything
  9. No_u

No_u Well-Known Member

Works on my own Panasonic and on the Samsung downstairs, strange
  10. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Even though specs might be different, it is still backwards compatible, and there shouldn't be issues. So a brand new tv capable of 1.4 shouldn't have issues getting a signal from an older 1.3 device.
  11. AutobahnSHO

Keyword being "SHOULD". ;)

Obviously there is some kind of problem where some devices don't work with some TVs. I've read about problems on other forums between newer Bluray players and older HDMI TVs.

For some reason the word "Panasonic" comes up a lot. Maybe their customer service should be contacted..
  12. mhayes86

mhayes86 Member

Thanks for trying, but that was about properly converting HD movies to watch on a HDTV through the Transformer (still, that's helpful information!).

When you plug the Transformer into the tv through HDMI, the full homescreen is displayed, so it's not just recognized when trying to watch videos. The issue for many of us is that some HDTV's won't recognize that the Transformer is connected, while other HDTV's will. :/
  13. AutobahnSHO

On my home TV (Vizio 32" Plasma) it showed exactly what was on the TF. On a work TV (Sharp 40" LCD) it showed the homescreen but when playing movies the movie showed on the TV, the TF went blank except for the taskbar on bottom..
  14. tyro1

tyro1 New Member

Further to my first posting on this issue, I've now tried the Transformer HDMI output on a new Samsung 22" and it works fine; I raised the issue with both Sony and Asus Help desks and the only reply was that it was probably a 'compatability' problem. Asus said "Our product engineers are trying to test as much as possible and if possible provide updates so it will work"
    Thanks for all your interest- we wait and see!
  15. hardcorekb

hardcorekb New Member

i was able to fix it by following a guide in spanish in tabletmod blogspot com
    The issue is in the kernel , you have to upgrade it and it will work perfect , even better because then you can overclock your device
  16. fenrir171

fenrir171 Member

I have been trying to make my tf101 show up on my monitor but i only have a dvi port... So i bought a dvi to hdmi adapter and then the hdmi to mini hdmi and so far it's a no go... Has anyone else tried this?
  17. AutobahnSHO

DVI is not HDMI- might work for Windows computers but doubt the TF will "see" that the monitor is connected.
    fenrir171 likes this.
  18. viffer800

viffer800 Well-Known Member

Yup. Mini HDMI to DVI on my Hanns.G monitor and plasma TV produced nothing.

Works perfectly well on my friends' more modern Sony and Samsung HDMI televisions.

By process of elimination I've ruled out the cable and HDMI~mini HDMI adapter so I can only guess it's something to do with DVI
    fenrir171 likes this.
  19. Chaco

Chaco Well-Known Member

guys, remember that DVI doesnt output sound, its only video

and i believe somewherre between ur connection, the "handshake" is not recognized and thats why you dont get the output video.
    fenrir171 likes this.