HDMI to composite?Support

Last Updated:

1. Robby1986

Robby1986 New Member This Topic's Starter

I wanted to hook my new droid x up to my AAXA projector but I can’t find just a composite/ hdmi cable. All I’m finding is big boxes. I need a cable. So does anyone know where to find a composite to hdmi cable adapter for the Droid X? I’m going camping and it’s sounds like a fun idea to project movies inside my tent. I know it’s cheating but it might make “roughing it” a little more fun. lol Here’s my pic of the lonely two waiting for the day they can connect.

[​IMG]

Here’s the blog that got me into the P1 Jr.

Advertisement
  2. Super_Six_Two

Super_Six_Two Well-Known Member

The problem that you are going to have is that HDMI is a digital signal and composite is analog. You need something that will convert the signal, hence the box.

3. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Yeah, hdmi is a protected digital signal, there is no "hdmi to composite cable". You need a powered converter box, and they are not cheap, at least a hundred bucks.

Heres a link to one, well over a hundred bucks:

HDMI to Composite or S-Video Scaler

4. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

Kind of like saying you want a hose that will convert water running in to ice coming out... and you don't want this big ol' freezer unit in there, just the hose ;)

Kind of a rare commodity that you're looking for, AND it requires a good digital to analog converter, so the price is going to be pretty high.

5. TheFez

TheFez New Member