HDMI to Mini (Xoom to TV)Accessories

1. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE! VIP Member

Quick question guys....

In theory if I get a HDMI to MINI HDMI and plug the XOOM into my 52" Samsung, will the XOOM display on TV?

Advertisement
  2. Proph

Proph Well-Known Member

thats what it should do, is the xoom a mini hdmi or a micro hdmi?, either way the cable is about $10 online before anyone goes plunking $20+ down for one at BB or verizon
  3. gobluejd

Cool. Ya I saw a 15ft one on mono price. Not sure if micro or mini, will wait until tomorrow.
  4. joeski27

joeski27 Well-Known Member

Its a micro that you want; here's a quick image that shows a comparison of the plug types. The mini is much longer/thinner of a plug than the micro.
    gobluejd likes this.
  5. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

It should - that what they have been selling. Just make sure to match the right sex of the cable ends for each port.
    gobluejd likes this.
  6. syu78

syu78 Member

7. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

yeah a mini sounds more like it? the evo has a micro hdmi port correct? (i should know this.. :rolleyes:)
  8. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

FYI the EVO HDMI cable works with the xoom. also the usb cables i use for the EVO work just fine so there is no need for evo users to get additional usb or HDMI cables (assuming you have the hdmi cable for the evo)
  9. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

It's the same one for the Samsung Tab as well right?
  10. partyondj

partyondj New Member

I use the same hdmi I bought for my droid x, works fine going to tv. only problem is, I see full screen on xoom, but on big tv, the movie is a bit bigger than the screen, and scrolling over doesn't help. great clarity though.
  11. Dunbar

Dunbar Active Member

Sorry, i'm a little slow: is it micro or mini usb?
  12. xxraffyxx

xxraffyxx Active Member

Its a micro hdmi cable. Same as my droid x

Plug it in and it works how it should work. Everything you see on your screen will be shown on your tv. Except the bottom navigation buttons.
  13. xxraffyxx

xxraffyxx Active Member

14. gobluejd

15. xxraffyxx

xxraffyxx Active Member

posted a bit to early, video was processing. It should work now
  16. PaulG1488

PaulG1488 Guest

I used the droid x hdmi cable and it worked great on my tv
    marctronixx likes this.
  17. p8ntballah21

p8ntballah21 Well-Known Member

I bought a micro hdmi to hdmi from monoprice.com, the cable works fine without a dock
    JStu313 likes this.
  18. aohus

aohus Well-Known Member

19. gamul1

gamul1 Well-Known Member

OK - its been about a month. Can someone say definitively if the HDMI port on the Xoom is Micro or Mini?

Its looking like I will go ahead and purchase the Xoom and one thing I would want is an HDMI cable to hook up to the TV. Just want to make sure I buy the right cable the first time as I will likely buy it off ebay.
  20. yoda715

yoda715 Member

21. WmChristian

WmChristian New Member

i have no problem with the video however i have no sound coming out of the tv any suggestions
  22. androidguy65

androidguy65 Well-Known Member

Put the volume on the xoom up

Make sure that you aren't using surround sound
  23. whippintegra

whippintegra Well-Known Member

I can confirm that HDMI works GREAT! on the xoom. I am on a business trip and i hooked it up to the TV in the hotel. I took a quick video...Oh and at the end it shows what my SN is all about :)

YouTube - video 2011 04 05 21 24 24
    marctronixx likes this.
  24. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member

Thanks for the vid, Whippintegra. Yeah, I was playing my xoom on my flatscreen at home the other day, and it was pretty slick! Very nice, very sharp. The mirroring is great! I have a DX, and while I can play out to an HDMI device, it doesn't mirror, so games, etc are difficult to run on the big screen.
    marctronixx likes this.