HDMI, Touch Screen, AND Media Sound IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Shan1224

Shan1224 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have had this motorla triumph for a few months, it's never been dropped or had water spilled on it. Recently, I've had a slew of problems all at once. I don't know if it is related, but they started after my boyfriend mistakenly plugged in my camera charger--which is the same size as the hdmi--into my phone.

Issue 1: HDMI output is always on, even when it is hooked up to nothing. I bought an HDMI cable to see if I could attach/unattach it to fix it, but my computer does not find my phone when it is connected either.

Issue 2: While my other sounds work okay (sometimes the ringer is delayed) the media sounds (youtube/music/netflix) does not work, except when my phone is locked or goes to sleep THEN it starts, but the minute I unlock my phone it mutes.

Issue 3: Sometimes my phone freezes and I can't do anything with the touchscreen. This is solved from removing my battery, but I have to do this at least once a day.

FYI I have tried returning my phone to factory settings and none of the above issues changed. They all started at the same time out of no-where, my phone worked perfectly before. PLEASE HELP!

Advertisement
  2. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

Well it's possible that putting voltage through the HDMI port shorted something out. If I were you I would look into getting a replacement.

3. craZDude

craZDude Well-Known Member

I agree with Marc, it sounds like you will need to get it replaced.

4. shmackshmack

shmackshmack Banned

get it replaced, it has hardware issues. cant be fixed in software

5. SeanDon82

SeanDon82 New Member

I'm having just issue #3, touchscreen is unresponsive when plugged into the TV using HDMI mini. Any suggestions on that issue?

6. rcsrich

rcsrich Well-Known Member

You could try flashing a different Froyo ROM or if you're still completely stock, do a factory reset (warning: you will lose all apps & app data!) to make sure it's a hardware issue, but it sure sounds like you will need to have it replaced.