• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
i sent monoprice an email earlier today about when they think they would stock it. havent had a response yet

I was going to do the same but you beat me to it. Maybe I'll email anyway to light a fire under their asses. :D
I sent them an email as well. Here's their response:

Thanks for contacting Monoprice. I do apologize but unfortunately we have no ETA on when we will be carrying these exactly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Looks like we'll have to go elsewhere for the short-term. :(

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'd be wary of anyone saying they have these. The standard was just approved this spring, and even the company most behind this new connector (Molex) doesn't have them in massive quantities. Undoubtedly this will be due to Molex selling them to other suppliers and equipment makers first.

I'm going to be patient. I expect within 2-4 weeks of Evo's release, these will be pretty easy to find and at a downward adjusted price.

Upvote 0
this is the only place i can seem to find that has it in stock. I really shouldn't have waited till this week to try and order, le sigh. I'll probably end up ordering it, buying an overpriced one from a brick and mortar store to play with it while i wait for this one to come in then return it.

That's actually not a bad price at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones