HDR photos

1. 1hdr 4u

1hdr 4u New Member

Does anyone here take advantage of the photo aspect of their phone, in particular HDR photos with some of the many HDR apps that are available?
    I have posted one of mine which I took recently. Any critique is welcome.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
    :
  2. What kind of phone are you using? The picture struck me as being a lot smaller than I expected. I don't know much about photography so I'm afraid I can't give you a proper critique. But on my phone (GS3) my HDR photos are more "realistic" looking your pic looks almost cartoony, but I believe a lot of HDR photos take on that kind of look. I believe the purpose of HDR is to allow for greater range between the darkest and lightest areas of a photo.

Anyways cool picture, maybe you could try taking more pictures with HDR of different scenes with different lighting and see what photo environments give you the best looking pictures with HDR.

Matt
  3. 1hdr 4u

1hdr 4u New Member

I have a droid razor, but my megapixel count is only 8 for my phone. You may have more megapixels which may account for the lack of size of my photo. As far as how I made my HDR photo look I guess it's a matter of taste with HDR. Thanks for the positive though.
  4. pwalt

pwalt Well-Known Member

PhotoEnhance Pro is a great photo editing program. I'm not into HDR editing, so I have that feature turned off, but it allows locked ratio cropping of images and full resolution saving (which most mobile photo editing apps lack).
  5. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member Contributor

I use HDR Camera+. It works great in low light or natural light situations, but not so great with fluorescent lighting.
  6. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I use HDR photos in the stock Android camera. I find them especially useful when the lighting is poor, but the flash causes a glare.