• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Heading to verizon to complain about my eris

I just went to Verizon today to complain about my 3rd Eris(my second one in about a week and a half). I got nowhere with the manager, he offered me another Eris, which I turned down. He gave me the district manager's number, which I will call on Monday. The district manager of a different store was originally supposed to call me last Friday, and I still have not heard from her.

The problem with Verizon, which I pointed out to the Rep, is that they are so inconsistent with what they say. One store offered me to do an early upgrade, but I turned it down, because I should not have to pay for another device. I mentioned also that people were being offered Moto Droids, LG Allies, and Moto Devours, and all he said was that it was a different region probably. He just proved to me that they are inconsistent. Why should one person receive a new Moto Droid, when they are in the same position I am, and all I can get is another Eris? My family as been with Verizon FOREVER and my dad has a corporate account and this was the only issue that we have EVER had with them and its REALLY starting to piss me off. Hopefully, I can get somewhere with the district manager on Monday.

Its not like I am asking for a NEW Moto Droid, I would be fine with a Refurbished one. After all the postage and what not of them sending me an Eris every week, they might as well just give me the Refurbished Moto Droid.

Upvote 0
I just went to Verizon today to complain about my 3rd Eris(my second one in about a week and a half). I got nowhere with the manager, he offered me another Eris, which I turned down. He gave me the district manager's number, which I will call on Monday. The district manager of a different store was originally supposed to call me last Friday, and I still have not heard from her.

The problem with Verizon, which I pointed out to the Rep, is that they are so inconsistent with what they say. One store offered me to do an early upgrade, but I turned it down, because I should not have to pay for another device. I mentioned also that people were being offered Moto Droids, LG Allies, and Moto Devours, and all he said was that it was a different region probably. He just proved to me that they are inconsistent. Why should one person receive a new Moto Droid, when they are in the same position I am, and all I can get is another Eris? My family as been with Verizon FOREVER and my dad has a corporate account and this was the only issue that we have EVER had with them and its REALLY starting to piss me off. Hopefully, I can get somewhere with the district manager on Monday.

Its not like I am asking for a NEW Moto Droid, I would be fine with a Refurbished one. After all the postage and what not of them sending me an Eris every week, they might as well just give me the Refurbished Moto Droid.

try calling *611 and talk to a CSR there.. I pointed out many of the same things and asked them if verizon actually expected me to use a nonworking phone for the next 2 years and they quickly offered me a refurb moto droid after going through 3 eris's.. Good luck its truly a crap shoot if you'll get someone who will actually help..

Upvote 0
One thing you have to understand is that Verizon has been dealing with people trying to get free upgrades long before the Eris came around. Some for legitimate reasons, but a lot of them is just people trying to get a freebie.

So naturally, they are not going to give different phones out.
In most cases a replacement fixes the problem.
Of course, we know the replacement eris well have the same issues. .
But I think the fact that we've heard of many people getting Droids means Verizon is starting to figure it out.

Upvote 0
try calling *611 and talk to a CSR there.. I pointed out many of the same things and asked them if verizon actually expected me to use a nonworking phone for the next 2 years and they quickly offered me a refurb moto droid after going through 3 eris's.. Good luck its truly a crap shoot if you'll get someone who will actually help..

I'm calling *611 today trying to convince them to get me a incredible or a droid x.. read a post about someone who did this, any tips on what to say to convince them better

Upvote 0
I'm calling *611 today trying to convince them to get me a incredible or a droid x.. read a post about someone who did this, any tips on what to say to convince them better

Just be honest with them is my best answer, Don't just say anything just to get a better phone. (Not implying that you would) Also be polite and as firm as possible with them without coming across as rude or disrespectful. I was patient with VZW when I called them on my 3rd eris and told them that the eris just wasn't doing it for me anymore and if i'm paying 180 a month (3 phones on the account) then I should at least have a phone that does what it should. She offered me a Moto DROID (which got returned within the first 3 days) and that's what I should be getting tomorrow. She also stated to me that the M Droid is the only phone that they are willing to switch from the Eris to. Take that for what it's worth. I wouldn't really hold my breath for an X or Inc, unless you are willing to pay out of pocket.

Upvote 0
I have called Verizon numerous times I'm usually polite but the people who have the Droid did they get it on there first try? Cause I'm on my third Droid Eris and the guy I talked to seemed to understand. Said he had an Eris with the issues. But he said that all ur could so was give me another Eris. So my other question is are the people who get the MOTO Droid did they have the insurance? Or did they just get lucky and talk to the right person?

Upvote 0
I stopped by a Verizon store over the weekend to pick up a new screen protector and have it put on (I have never been able to put those on right). When my name was called, the CSR and I the conversation went something like this:

Me: Hi, I have a Droid Eris <pull phone from purse> and need a new...
CSR: <interrupting me> I see, and which phone did you want to switch to?
Me: What? No I was looking to get a new...
CSR: < interrupting me again> Believe me, I understand and had to replace mine too. Did you want to look at the Dorid X or the Incredible? We have the original Dorid on sale too.
Me: <confused> I just want a screen protector put on. I'm not looking for a new phone.
CSR: You aren't? Hmmm, I thought everyone was trying to replace those things.
Me: No, mine works very well and I love it. <holding up phone and doing a demo> See, works perfectly.
CSR: Wow, that is working a whole lot better than mine ever did. Which task killer are you using?
Me: <rolling eyes> I'm not using a task killer.
CSR: <confused look> Do you need someone to help you put one of these on? <holding up screen protector>

We never discussed price or anything so I am not sure if he was just offering an early upgrade or not. The fact that he mentioned the Moto Droid being on sale kind if leads me to that, but I was really surprised at how quickly he was ready to upgrade me simply based on the fact that I owned this phone. Anyway, he screwed up putting the SP on my phone and wasted the last three they had in the store so I'm going to have to stop by someplace else to get one. I'll let you know if they bring up the same sort of thing.

Upvote 0
I stopped by a Verizon store over the weekend to pick up a new screen protector and have it put on (I have never been able to put those on right). When my name was called, the CSR and I the conversation went something like this:

CSR: < interrupting me again> Believe me, I understand and had to replace mine too. Did you want to look at the Dorid X or the Incredible? We have the original Dorid on sale too.
Me: <confused> I just want a screen protector put on. I'm not looking for a new phone.
Me: No, mine works very well and I love it. <holding up phone and doing a demo> See, works perfectly.
CSR: Wow, that is working a whole lot better than mine ever did. Which task killer are you using?
CSR: <confused look> Do you need someone to help you put one of these on? <holding up screen protector>

We never discussed price or anything so I am not sure if he was just offering an early upgrade or not. The fact that he mentioned the Moto Droid being on sale kind if leads me to that, but I was really surprised at how quickly he was ready to upgrade me simply based on the fact that I owned this phone. Anyway, he screwed up putting the SP on my phone and wasted the last three they had in the store so I'm going to have to stop by someplace else to get one. I'll let you know if they bring up the same sort of thing.

LMAO!
Complete failure

Upvote 0

What was the demo you gave them? look, it makes a phone call?

Upvote 0

I believe you just "mind****ed" him.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones