• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HEADPHONE 3.5mm JACK ISSUES & TIP!

Problems with music due to headphone jack

• Try plugging in and out (slowly)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Try Gold tip headphones

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NinjaStar28

Jun 21, 2010
First off i LOVE this dam phone but i have a similar problem....... i bought head phones (( gold tips )) and a 3.5 male to male stereo audio cable (( non gold tips )) to play my muisc player on a big stereo........ So heres the problem>>>>> when i first plugged it in my music would glitch :mad:, a head set icon came up not the head phone........ then the pic of the album cover would flip 6 times then jump the play list all the way to the end but the playlist wasnt ON random .......that sh*t broke my heart !!! Y my EVO ???........ anyway i called sprint and there advanced tect lol basiclly told me 2 take the batt out wait 3 min then put it back, so then i hooked it back up and it worked 4 a few minutes then started jumpin again ........... so sick to my stomach i just started pluggin it in and out (( slowly )) until the head phone icon came up and it would play PERFECT>>>>> oh and my gold tip head phone work great from the start ........ i also ordered a gold tip 3.5 male to male audio cable it should work perfect try it !!!!!

user_online.gif

progress.gif

Three different sets (two shures and a random off-brand) worked awfully on the FM Radio. If it was plugged in all the way, it failed to recognize it at all, a little pull and it thought it was a headset, and a little more and it finally worked but the headphones were on the verge of falling out. After that I just kind of wrote it off, although Mughato's post has motivated me to try it out on other apps...

Either way, I don't care too much since the evo is incapable of holding my entire music library...I use an ipod for that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones