Headphone Adapter Problems

1. neotaco

neotaco New Member

Hi this is my first post to the forums so I hope this is in the right place.

I recently bought a Vodafone HTC Magic in Australia (and am loving it and the Android OS :D).

I also bought myself two adapters for it, one was a cheap one which plugs into the usb port and just becomes a 3.5mm plug (which fell to pieces rather quickly) and another which was more expensive and a 4 in one adapter. It allows you to plug in headphones and charge at the same time.

It can be found here:

4in1 3.5mm USB Adapter for T-mobile G1 G2/HTC Magic - eBay Other Data Cables, Data Cables, Mobile Accessories, Phones. (end time 25-Jul-09 19:12:35 AEST)

My problem is that the more expensive adapter doesn't work. The cheap one worked fine, but when I plug this one in, the sound won't come out of the headphones.

I managed to get the sound to come out the adapter as long as I plugged the headset supplied with the phone into the adapter. The sound would still come out when I removed the headset.

I think it's the phone just needs to be set in a mode that plays the sound through the adapter, but I'm not sure.

Any ideas how?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

There isnt a setting for this on the phone that I am aware of ... the sound logic is all based on the wiring in the adapter and the headset ... there is an adapter that worked for me .... >>> HTC 3-in-1 USB Adapter for HTC Hero / T-Mobile G1, myTouch 3G - Phandroid Store

I recommend just getting a blue-tooth headset for both... then no adapter no wires ...
  3. San Antone RR

San Antone RR Well-Known Member

So this dongle is the only way I can use y Dr. Dre Beats with my G1?