Headphone Adapter Problems

Discussion in 'Android Media' started by neotaco, Jul 24, 2009.

1. neotaco

neotaco New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Hi this is my first post to the forums so I hope this is in the right place.

I recently bought a Vodafone HTC Magic in Australia (and am loving it and the Android OS :D).

I also bought myself two adapters for it, one was a cheap one which plugs into the usb port and just becomes a 3.5mm plug (which fell to pieces rather quickly) and another which was more expensive and a 4 in one adapter. It allows you to plug in headphones and charge at the same time.

It can be found here:

4in1 3.5mm USB Adapter for T-mobile G1 G2/HTC Magic - eBay Other Data Cables, Data Cables, Mobile Accessories, Phones. (end time 25-Jul-09 19:12:35 AEST)

My problem is that the more expensive adapter doesn't work. The cheap one worked fine, but when I plug this one in, the sound won't come out of the headphones.

I managed to get the sound to come out the adapter as long as I plugged the headset supplied with the phone into the adapter. The sound would still come out when I removed the headset.

I think it's the phone just needs to be set in a mode that plays the sound through the adapter, but I'm not sure.

Any ideas how?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member
    VIP Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    There isnt a setting for this on the phone that I am aware of ... the sound logic is all based on the wiring in the adapter and the headset ... there is an adapter that worked for me .... >>> HTC 3-in-1 USB Adapter for HTC Hero / T-Mobile G1, myTouch 3G - Phandroid Store

I recommend just getting a blue-tooth headset for both... then no adapter no wires ...

3. San Antone RR

San Antone RR Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    So this dongle is the only way I can use y Dr. Dre Beats with my G1?