• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Headphone buttons don't work

paqman

Feb 4, 2011
I can't find many people with this problem. Anyone else notice that the buttons on the stock headphones don't work? The call answer button will answer calls, but the music fucntions don't work unless the phone is unlocked. What's the point of having controls on the headphones if you have to unlock the phone to use them?

Has anyone found a way around this?

On a related note, I'm looking to replace the stock earbuds anyway, I'm looking at these Jbuds J3M's. Has anyone tried these with the MT4G? I've read that the MT4G has issues working with some aftermarked ear buds. I don't need a review on the sound quality, but just if they function properly with this phone.

Check the thread about using mt4g as mp3 player. There are many suggestions for this very issue. Btw use "cubed" player buttons work locked or unlocked
Thanks, I saw that thread, and I have tried "cubed", which didn't work. It behaves just like the stock player. Only works when the phone is unlocked. But I'll look more through that thread.

Upvote 0
I found the solution.

You have to go through all other media programs installed to turn off the option to control the headphone buttons. I have MediaFly installed. After I turned off the headset control in the settings, Meridian works. Now I put powerAmp back in, it works too.

Upvote 0
I found the solution.

You have to go through all other media programs installed to turn off the option to control the headphone buttons. I have MediaFly installed. After I turned off the headset control in the settings, Meridian works. Now I put powerAmp back in, it works too.

What are "other media programs"? I have no 3rd party MP3 players installed, and yet buttons don't work when phone is locked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones