1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Support Headphone hiss/static

1. soops

soops New Member

Hi,
    New here so be gentle.

Had my 8.9 tab a month or so and am pretty happy generally although I have just found a major issue with the Headphone jack.

Im experiencing a hiss of static whenever i listen on headphones, i have tried ifferent media apps and its the same across the board.

Its nite a permanent issue, by that i mean when no media is being played there is normally no static.

Has anyone else experienced this issue.

Thanks soops

Advertisement
  2. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Well-Known Member

Scoops, welcome to Android Forums :hello:

I don't have this issue with mine. Have you checked yet to see if a firmware upgrade is available for yours? That might take care of the problem.
  3. soops

soops New Member

Thanks cafe for the feedback. I have just checked and the device doesn't require any updates when i check fir them via the system menu.

Sounds like i may have faulty unit then if you don't experience the same issue.

I'll get in touch with amazon and see what there returns policy is like.

Cheers