headphone jack auto play questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. spangenberg

spangenberg Member This Topic's Starter

So I just hooked up a aux input on my car stereo and after a couple of days I noticed that when I unplug the headphones it automatically stops playing the music. This is awesome! I just unplug it when i get to work and i don't have to go in and push pause or stop. I love it. Question is... is there an app that will automatically start playing music from the player? So i could just plug it in and have the music start and then stop again when i unplug it. I only use the headphone jack and listen to music in the car, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx.

Advertisement
  2. spangenberg

anybody???

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

None that I know of..

4. wildland

wildland Well-Known Member

I believe you could use tasker to do it - I'll check...

Edit: Yep - in tasker, create a profile for the event change "Headset Plugged", and have it run the action Media->Android Media->toggle pause... Works. Tasker's awesome!

sunthas likes this.
  5. DataSchmuck

DataSchmuck Active Member

Yeah, among other things, I have tasker set to ask whether I want to open btunes for local media or xiialive for internet radio when I plug in heads. I love that little program.

6. spangenberg

where might i download tasker???

7. wildland

wildland Well-Known Member

Tasker's in beta still - latest version download link is here in the Tasker forum. The Tasker site is quite informative as well. If you've never written code/scripts/macros before it may seem a bit overwhelming at first (and I've done a bit of that stuff and still find the structure of tasker to be a bit odd/confusing, but it's still awesome).

spangenberg likes this.
  8. billynair

billynair Member

"plug in launcher"

The problem I am getting is that the built-in music player launches with this program and there isnt a setting in the music program to make it NOT!

I set it to launch Pandora and if Pandora is not running in the background, inserting the jack will launch Pandora, but the 20-30 seconds that Pandora is launching the music player plays, but is stopped when Pandora plays. BUT if Pandora was on pause, the music player will launch and Pandora will stay paused... oh well...