• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Headphone jack being moved starts call to last person I phoned

wolffandrew

Lurker
Sep 26, 2011
Hi there,

Has anyone else come across this issue. Pretty much the title explains it all but I have found that recently that the headphone jack when its inserted and knocked will start to call the last person I rang. I figure its a loose something inside the phone but just wanted to know if anyone else had the same issue.

Cheers

I might be wrong, but my first thought is that it might be a slightly different manifestation of an old problem - what Android and software version are you running?

The tell-tale sign is to look at the notification bar icons and check whether it is showing a simple headphone icon, or the full headset icon which includes a depiction of a microphone. If you've plugged in the former but the icon shows the latter, I suspect the issue isn't with anything being loose inside the phone, but is down to the phone incorrectly identifying what's been plugged in. Basically, if it thinks a headset is attached when it isn't, it can start seeing phantom button pushes - including a button push that could redial your last number.

One way round this, which is detailed in the thread below, is to install the headset blocker app. I have to say that, for me, the problem seems to have been cured during one of the software updates I've had since I got the phone.

See here:
http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-...230683-headphone-connection-design-issue.html

Reactions: CDPlant
Upvote 0
I've recently started having a similar problem, when I'm listening to music on headphones and doing something else on the phone, usually Facebook etc, songs start randomly speeding up or skipping, and I did think it looked like the phone thought I was pressing buttons on the music app. I've noticed that it does show the headset icon instead of the regular headphones one so I'll try the app you mentioned, hopefully that will fix it.

Upvote 0
Yeah the headphone symbol has a microphone on it and this has only happened since one of the major HTC updates came down to the phone. Is there any way to revert back to an older version of the HTC operating system?

I reset the phone to factory settings as advised by my insurers but this did nothing.

Upvote 0
Yeah the headphone symbol has a microphone on it and this has only happened since one of the major HTC updates came down to the phone. Is there any way to revert back to an older version of the HTC operating system?

I reset the phone to factory settings as advised by my insurers but this did nothing.

Not 100% sure, but believe the only way to go backwards (in terms of firmware) would be to downgrade (part of the rooting process... this would, however, invalidate your warranty and, if you were gonna go down that route, I'd go the whole hog and actually root it - there is a 1 click method for the DHD (would link it for you, but I'm writing this from my phone, so can't - go to the all things root section and it's the first thread in there) :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones