Headphone Jack broken

Last Updated:

1. maddog76

maddog76 Member This Topic's Starter

I don't understand why they can't make the headphone jacks durable. I've had the phone for a month, i do use the headphones a lot, but the phone is now useless as the sound cuts in and out.

Anyone else had this?

Advertisement
  2. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

Have you tried different headphones? I've gone through several pairs of cheap headphones, but the jack on the phone is still working just fine. Moved on to Bluetooth headphones and couldn't be happier, I'm using the Motorola S9 btw.

3. Drayton

Drayton Active Member

I would also say to try different headphones, but the same thing happened on my brother's Droid. His insurance covered it. I won't use my headphone jack because I'm worried the same thing will happen to me.

4. darreno1

darreno1 Well-Known Member

I use the jack all the time in the car and at home and have had absolutely no issues with it.

5. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Never had a jack in it :)

6. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

I use the headphone jack moderately and have had no issues with it so far, knock on wood.

This was a pretty big issue with the original Droid though, as its design seemed to be perfect for making the jack "wiggly". Good thing the whole jack is now "enclosed" on the X.

Btw, this is a hardware defect and should be covered in your warranty (I got a new D1 from VZW because of this same issue).