Headphone jack problem / warranty repairSupport

Last Updated:

1. MrNoSox

MrNoSox Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My wife has been complaining about music switching randomly while she's playing it through the headphone jack in her car. I mean, it's so bad that if you touch the N1 it will skip to another song. I finally figured out that something us up with the headphone jack. Loose I guess? Plugged in my N1 and it was just fine. No skipping. SO, now I've got to do something that I just really can't stand going though, and that is getting warranty repair or replacement.

Anyone know how long it takes for a repair? I really don't want to hear her complain for a week when she doesn't have her phone.

If they go the route of sending me a new one, I know I'll have to pony up my debit card number but do they actually "hold" the funds? As in not available to me? Or do they just take the number in case you don't send the dysfunctional one back?

thanks for the help

Advertisement
  2. nexusman

nexusman New Member

3. MrNoSox

MrNoSox Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

VERY informative. Thank you!

4. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

If you do have to send it in, HTC will block the value of the phone on your card. It's best to use a credit card just to be safe. You probably will not be able to use those funds, so it's better that it isn't "real" money (i.e. your debit card).