1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

headphone jack problems... helpSupport

1. askogstad

askogstad Member

So I've had this problem for awhile now, and I'm one month out of my one year manufacturer warranty. When my phone gets hot, it seems to think headphones are plugged in. I have tried using compressed air, cleaning the contacts, and continously plugging in and out headphones but nothing works. The only thing that works is to let the phone dit without use to cool off.

I have an extra board but don't want to mess with soldering, I feel I might mess up.

At this point I'm good with just disabling the jack all together, but I can't find the settings for it.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Advertisement
    :
  2. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

3. askogstad

askogstad Member

Hey fuzzy, tried the app and it didn't help. I think my last option is to send it to Lg to be fixed. I love the phone but don't really want to invest anymore money into it. I have a droid x that's been fully flashed that I'm probably gonna use, until metro comes out with a new phone like the Optimus g. If anyone still can help me it's much appreciated since I really love my esteem.
  4. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

If you want to disable the jack all together, you can crack the phone open and hit the joints where it's soldered to the board just to break the connection. Not sure if it would work but it's easy enough to try. Just a thought.
  5. askogstad

askogstad Member

So went to metro to add my DROID x esn to the database yesterday, only find out they don't do it anymore starting the first of the year. I'm pretty much over everything metro pcs related. I love my esteem but am seriously considering switching carriers if I can't fix this headphone jack. If anyone wants to make me an offer on the phone that's cool, I also gave another parts phone that I used the screen off of that can come with it.
  6. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Well if u have insurance on the device they will tell you to get the 100.00 dollars to replace it funny how the same corporate store gave me 2 like that back to back and told me to my face the device was new and they was telling stories they was broken devices . But the insurance picked it up sent a new esteem
  7. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

They said due to the merging of T-Mobile this device may be discontinued 2014 due to the programing of the special lte Sims card ..
  8. gamer30168

gamer30168 Well-Known Member

my phone does the same crap. soon your wifi may start going out like mine. ziplock baggie and 10 min in the freezer restores it to normal until it heats up again. plugging in headphones helps me to listen to whatever uninterrupted