Headphone Jack ProblemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. SwallowTheTime

SwallowTheTime Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm curious to know if any of you who use headphones with your droid X on a regular basis have issues with the headphone jack. I'd say after about a week of owning my droid X, I started noticing issues after walking to class listening to music with the X in my pocket. Every time I would take a step forward, it would move the base of the headphone plug and the music would cut in and out.

I've found a thread on this in the past where a few people said they had the same issue. One person said he has gotten 3 replacements and they all did the same thing so he just deals with it, so I'm wondering if a replacement is even worth it. It does seem to have gotten progressively worse though. I can't even put the phone in my pocket when I have headphones in. I either have to put it on my jacket pocket where it has more space to move around or have to hold it in my hand. I have used it with 3 different pairs of headphones, all do the same thing. I can recreate it easily by just plugging headphones in, and putting a slight side to side pressure on the base of the plug.

Anyone have this issue? Do you suggest I ask for a replacement?

Advertisement
  2. subourbonite

subourbonite New Member

I use the headphone jack to stream Pandora in the car frequently, and began noticing a similar problem a while ago. It's extremely annoying, and I will be contacting Verizon for a replacement if it keeps up, and I have no doubt that it will.

3. SwallowTheTime

Ugh that sucks. I was kind of hoping no one else had the problem since it probably means a replacement will do the same damn thing haha.

4. thefanmyj

thefanmyj Well-Known Member

Same problem here. :(

5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

huh. Never noticed that.

I have to move this to support. Don't hate me! :)

6. kdelaney79

kdelaney79 New Member

Yeah, had the same problem within a month of owning mine. I got a replacement from the vendor, and everything's been fine so far after 2 weeks of use. Now, I'm careful not to put too much pressure on the headphone/jack connection when it is in my pocket. I hope it doesn't happen again...

7. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Use mine in car and in gym and while mowing. Zero issues.

8. SwallowTheTime

Hmm. So kind of mixed in the responses, though probably more with the problem than without. I don't want the issue anymore but I'm worried it is just going to happen with the new phone as well. I keep my phone in mint condition, not a scratch anywhere, will a replacement refurb phone be noticeably used or look the same as brand new?

9. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

Something must have broken in my headphone jack. I cannot even plug in a headphone all the way anymore. It only goes in about half way before something blocks the adapter from going in any further.

Clearly a warranty replacement will be in my future.

10. Riverman

Riverman Well-Known Member

It's too bad that replacement jacks aren't readily available in the aftermarket. The jack doesn't even solder in place. It has springy contacts that touch the board when the phone is screwed together. It's pretty easy to replace. I'd pay a few bucks to keep my existing phone and not mess with a replacement.

11. CharlesLewis

CharlesLewis Well-Known Member

I had the same problem with an iPod last year and had to replace it. I keep my Droid in my shirt pocket, so the jack doesn't get any pressure. No problems since August when I got it.

12. sic0048

sic0048 Well-Known Member

I went to the Verizon store today to report my headphone jack problem. They are overnighting a replacement phone to me. We'll see just what kind of refurb they send to me.