• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Headphone jack replacement

Smdqt

Lurker
Sep 5, 2012
Hey guys,
My incS headphone jack became very sensitive and even with the slightest touch to the cord the music cuts out, which means I have to hold the phone in my hand the whole time I want to listen to music.
Now the problem is my warranty just ran out (duh!) and I'm trying to search for parts on google but I can't find the headphone jack. Is it replaceable? If so could you please point me in the direction where I can buy it and reinstall myself.

Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem with my incredible (original). If the cable was touched at all it would cut out either to mono or switch to the speakerphone. It felt like the jack just wasn't inserting all the way. I ended up using an unfolded paper clip to fish out several small wads of lint stuck at the bottom. Try that out. Hopefully it works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones