Headphone/Non Headphone Volumes

Last Updated:

1. wolfentir

wolfentir New Member This Topic's Starter

The Iphone has separate volumes for when your headphones are plugged in and when they are not. I was wondering if there is an app that can make this possible for the droid or if theres some way of making this possible. The problem comes in when I'm listening to music and the media volume is up and then i get a call, i take out my headphones and answer the call and after the call ends the song I was listening to blasts at whatever the media volume was, despite no headphones being plugged in. I know its not THAT much of a huge issue, and would obviously be solved by a headset, but i kind of feel like a douche using a headset. If anyone knows a possible solution let me know! If I wasn't clear on anything also let me know.

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

There's not a solution that I'm aware of currently. Maybe someone else will recommend an app ... we'll see.

Try to keep in mind that the iPhone has had years for devs to create these apps. The DROID ... months. :eek:

In the meantime, might I suggest a work-around? When your music is interrupted with a phone call ... while on that call, go into any one of several volume apps and/or widgets and turn the media volume down/off. Yes, this requires you remembering to do it ... but at least I gave ya something. ;)

You could also long-press on the Home soft-button which will display your music app. Tap that icon and pause the tune, or shut down the app. Then return to your call.

3. Encinitas

Encinitas Member

When I press the button on the Apple headset my music starts to play!

4. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member

Settings profiles. If I remember right there is a free version that allows you to set one rule, but the paid version is unlimited. I use the headset jack to plug in to my car stereo. So I have a rule set that when I plug my headset in it switches to my Car profile, which has media volume high, then it also starts Pandora. Pandora starts playing automatically when the app starts. Also, when I unplug the headset jack, pandora is killed, and it goes back to my default profile.