• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Headphone not being recognised in HOX

Hi,

I have HOX which is about a year old. About a week back this issue started. Sometimes when I plug in my headphones it doesnt recognise it ( no icon of headphone in screen too). but if I take it out and try a couple of times it used to work. Yesterday it stopped completely. Initially I thought it could be the jack. But then I searched in the net and found about an app called Sound About. I installed it and no go yet, even when the wired headphone detection is enabled. But in the Media Audio if if enable the wired headphone or the wired headset with mic the headphones work ! But the headphone icon still doesnt appear on the notification bar.

Another strange thing is my Beats audio tab also doesnt work now. Its grayed out ! You cant switch on even with the headphones working.....that I guess is because the phone doesnt recognise the headphones...

Does any others face this issue ?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones