Headphone problems on Desire? Known fault?

Last Updated:

1. Buckley

Buckley New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Just received my new HTC Desire. Love it so far but It seems to have an annoying fault with the headphones. When playing music or watching video using the headphones that came with it, there is a lot of crackling and hissing. If you go back to the home screen, there is a high pitched whistling sound (almost as if you've placed a microphone next to a speaker and are getting feedback as a result.)

I can't seem to get any FM radio stations either.

I've tried three different sets of headphones as well as the set bundled with the Desire and all have the same problem. Is this a known issue or should I phone O2 and get it replaced.

It's a shame because I'm loving the phone...

Thanks for your help.

Buckley

Advertisement
  2. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

If you have tried 3 sets including the ones supplied with the Desire then I would send it back asap. Sounds like you got a faulty one.

There are issues with the playback volume being too quiet (or too loud) but it really does sound like yours is a dud. Dont let it affect your liking of the Desire though as I am sure the next one will be fine.

Hope you get it sorted mate.

3. g4rvd4

g4rvd4 Well-Known Member

Yes, I am pretty sure you have a faulty piece as it's not a known fault. Music playback on the Desire is a beautiful thing, even better than my SE Walkman phone..