• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Headphone recommendations/discussions (wired/wireless)?

This is the best earphones, bluetooth and the works. All compatible with android and apple products with volume control, music playback and more! Better sound that beats!
LG HBS700 - headset - In-ear ear-bud, Binaural

I use this with my LTEvo, ipad, itouch. Most my family have this, plus this wraps around your neck so wont have to worry about losing/dropping it like other bluetooth ear phones.

Upvote 0
This phone has really made me want to invest in some good headphones... I'm not usually one to use them.... So let me get this straight... The beats audio Is only in play when using headphones? bc that's the only time the logo appears.... I had an argument with an iphone4s user about this today at work and I'd like to be more educated.. He argues there is no way the phone can enhance the sound of regular headphones and that the beats audio must be a gimmick..

Beats audio is a gimmick, all it is is an equalizer. Nothing more. It "enhances" it the same way selecting a different equalizer would.

Gimmick is the wrong term here, audio spectrum equalization would be correct. Beats audio is a set of equalization curves tailored to improve the quality of the sound being reproduced through specific devices. It is a standard practice applied to audio all over the world to improve quality but in this case you have a fixed set of curves tailored by a particular engineer to what he/she believes to be the "correct" tonal quality of the music.

Upvote 0
Let us know how you like them. I saw they had the Android version available a few months ago.

I will do that. I was going to plug the S4i into my LTevo last night, but forgot about it after work. I'll try to remember to listen to them tonight. Unfortunately, I will have to order from BB or amazon.....BB didn't have the S4A in stock. So I'm going to check prices and hopefully order a pair in the next day or so.

Upvote 0
The best blue tooth device I have ever used was the Motorola S9 rocker. I may even dig that back up and try it with LTevo. My only problem was battery drain with the blue tooth. But lately I have been turning my data connectivity off for most of the day, only turning it on to check in on emails as I need to.

Upvote 0
The best blue tooth device I have ever used was the Motorola S9 rocker. I may even dig that back up and try it with LTevo. My only problem was battery drain with the blue tooth. But lately I have been turning my data connectivity off for most of the day, only turning it on to check in on emails as I need to.

That's what I'm curious about...I hear that Bluetooth 4.0 (which we got I think) makes significant improvement to audio quality. I can't find a single pair of BlueTooth cans that are 4.0. I don't care for buds, don't really want a big over the ear either. (Too hot for mowing the lawn)What I use mostly are Sony wrap around, and if I could find BT4 version of that, I'd be happy. And BTW...I just got my LTEvo on Friday, starting messing with loading music on it last night, discovered Itunes Playlists load (kewl) and the audio quality is LEAPS & BOUNDS over my Evo 4g. Wow maybe a valid successor to my iPod. Eat that Apple ya suing bastiches!

Reactions: excav8ter
Upvote 0
That's what I'm curious about...I hear that Bluetooth 4.0 (which we got I think) makes significant improvement to audio quality. I can't find a single pair of BlueTooth cans that are 4.0. I don't care for buds, don't really want a big over the ear either. (Too hot for mowing the lawn)What I use mostly are Sony wrap around, and if I could find BT4 version of that, I'd be happy. And BTW...I just got my LTEvo on Friday, starting messing with loading music on it last night, discovered Itunes Playlists load (kewl) and the audio quality is LEAPS & BOUNDS over my Evo 4g. Wow maybe a valid successor to my iPod. Eat that Apple ya suing bastiches!

A little Off topic but......how did you sync your iTunes play lists?

Upvote 0
A little Off topic but......how did you sync your iTunes play lists?

Using new version of HTC Sync (3.2.20)... and connecting with the SYNC MANAGER it gave me the option, under music tab. As I only have an 8GB card (from old EVO) for now, and a bunch of junk on it, I didn't want to put a lot of music on it. So I just copied over a couple of my Itunes lists and it works. The default music player picked it up, but it was the CAR dock music player that is waycool. After messing around with the Beats and my cheapo Sony wraparound headphones, I was blown away... Today I copied over some more music to the phone storage connecting with Sync Media option. As my card is nearly full, I dropped some in the Music folder (Phone Storage) and again, the player picked it up flawlessly. A few lessons learned though.

1. It doesn't recognize the Apple Lossless format.
2. It doesn't recognize MP4 audio.
3. I think AAC & MP3 are good. (more testing needed tho):rolleyes:
4. The TuneIn radio is pretty slick as well. Granted I'm using WiFi looking forward to checking that with 3G & LTE.
5. I GOTTA GET A CAR DOCK! Found this on HTCdepot...iBOLT Car Dock for HTC EVO 4G LTE, One X - HTC Car Kits & Mounts

Upvote 0
Well... I just got back from BB, I bought a pair of Jaybird Secure Fit wireless Bluetooth Buds. My friend who works there in the mobile department said he has been selling a lot of them to people with new Android phones lately. Going to let them charge for a while and then set them up and try them out.

Upvote 0
Anyone have any recommendations for headsets? I saw in the General bluetooth issues thread people have been having trouble with bluetooth devices. I looked at the BlueAnt T2, but reviews on Amazon weren't inspiring. I looked at the Motorola HX550 and ELITE Flip both with mixed reviews. I'm looking for a mono headset that I can use voice commands to make calls, have text messages read to me and have good voice quality.

Upvote 0
After reading countless reviews I finally decided on the jawbone icon and bought two. If only I'd browsed the support forum first! Like many others I had nothing but problems with it, to the point of it being totally useless: noise-canceling was diabolical, other parties struggled to hear me, I could rarely hear them etc. After resetting, updating, and even exchanging the headsets, with no improvements whatsoever, I eventually returned them and swapped them for Motorola headsets which though not noise-canceling, work brilliantly.
So my advice is do your research carefully and try your new headset in different environments, but most of all check out the device's forum.
Good luck.

Reactions: PattiCakeUS
Upvote 0
I picked up a Motorola S10HD from Costco, and am fairly satisfied. It works very well with the LTEvo as far as sound quality and all functions work, my only issue is the LTEvo seems to either have a weak Bluetooth radio, or it underpowers it. This is with A2DP use, it's much more stable with normal telephony earpieces. Outdoors I have incidences of it cutting out if I have it in my pants pocket. If I hold it closer or put it in my back pocket, it seems to work better. Not sure if that will eventually be fixed or is fixable.

Upvote 0
I can't stand Beats because IMO their cheaply made and all they do is pump up the bass (and yes I've tried them). Not to mention and they're criminally overpriced. The integrated Beats audio on the 4GLTE/1X is just a gimmick and gives the music minimal sound enhancement.

IMO Klipsh S4's are the best buds under a $100.00. For cans the V-moda Crossfade LPs are great. Bought a pair at Costco for $80.00 and they're built well, sound great, comes with a really bitchin' case and also comes with 2 kevlar reinforced cords.

Oh also the ear plates can switched out for another color. I have the black ones and they came with a pair of red plates as well.

Upvote 0
I picked up some Motorola S10's off Woot a couple months ago for $25 each to use with my OG Evo. Work well and I think the sound is very close to the S9 that quit on me. S9 had a known problem with sweat. Haven't killed the S10's yet. Not real hot on the mic though, just use them for music and transfer calls to the phone when they come in.

I use a Media Bridge in the truck for pushing music to the stereo via bluetooth. Saturday I drove about 6.5 hours with music going the whole time and it didn't seem to make a dent in the battery at all. Battery life so far has been stellar in general.

Upvote 0
I just bought a pair of Monster Miles Davis Tribute headphones from the Monster stor on Ebay. They were a screaming deal for $105 shipped. They originally retailed for $500.

There is some fine print though.

They do not have a mic or volume control.

They are refurbs.

On Headfi they were reviewed and got a value rating of 8 out of 10 when they had a street price of $300.

They sound awsome.

I bought a pair of $25 dollar headphones with a mic to use in the car for calls.

Also to get them for $105 you need to put in the coupon code cmonster.

I also use a small amp to drive them a bit better the Fiio e5, but will probably eventually get a Fiio e11 amp.

Reactions: Complex757
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones