Headphone stopped giving sound on ONE earbud - Help!

Last Updated:

1. KCBlack

KCBlack New Member This Topic's Starter

Okay so sometime yesterday my headphone jack just stopped working; the sound would only come out of the phone even with a headphone plugged in. I took the headphones out, turned it off, and turned it back on. Working again, no problem. Now today, I'm listening to music and realize I'm only getting sound out of one earbud. I thought it was weird for a headphone to blow out since I just recently got it in March, but I figured it must've just been that - a blown out earbud. However, my friend tried his headphones in there just to make sure, and the same thing happened. He wasn't getting sound out of his left (or right, not sure) earbud. I've tried turning it off and on with the headphones out, the headphones in, as well as downloading that headphone jack toggler from another thread I found on here. Same problem. :/ Is my headphone jack done for? Am I gonna have to get it replaced? Will the basic warranty even cover something like this? I guarantee I didn't drop it or get it submerged in water or anything...

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Try pushing the headphones in all the way then pulling them out just a bit. Are you using standard plain jane headphones or something with a mic jack on it?

If the above doesn't work and you are using regular headphones, YES, this would be covered under the standard warranty.

3. KCBlack

KCBlack New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for replying, and yeah it's a normal pair of headphones. I just tried putting the plug of the headphones only partially in the jack, and it's giving me sound in both earbuds. When I plug it all the way in though, or in a little more/less, the same problem persists, though. Any idea what's up or should I just use the warranty?

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

If it bothers you then warranty it. Then shouldn't give you any problems... you will probably end up with a refurb phone though.

IMO, if you use headphones a lot, warranty it.