Last Updated: 2011-01-28 00:30:39
  1. ytrebil

ytrebil Well-Known Member

Firstly I

Advertisement
  2. The Hoff

The Hoff Well-Known Member

It is relatively quiet, however I'd advise:

-Get better headphones, even some cheap Senn CX300 will stop the exterior noise.
    -Turn up the gain on your music library, there's software for this.
    -Use MixZing (app) and turn the EQ on.
  3. ytrebil

4. ytrebil

I tried messing with gain and the like in 3rd party apps and it only distorts it. Yes, it makes it louder (to the volume I'd like) but the distortion and flatness is horrible.

This is not good by HTC as far as I'm concerned. Consdering how long MP3 players have been around, there is no excuse to give the Desire HD a shoddy player.
  5. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

better headphones i would say should sort it out as i have no issue's with mine.
  6. brezzo

brezzo Well-Known Member

I just went down to a local electronics shop, bought a pair of $30 in-ear headphones. They work very well, but I'm sure you could get a much better price online.

Even the cheap in-ear headphones deliver excellent sound quality and are generally louder than the standard ones, and apple ones.
  7. ytrebil

I've tried 3 different earphones, my JVC inear ones, my Sennheiser gym ones and my brother's Sony ones he uses on his iPod. They make NO difference. The max volume is awfully quiet and really not good enough. If it's a problem with it being T-Mobile then I'd like to know how to correct it.
  8. The Hoff

The Hoff Well-Known Member

Download SoundManager, are all of the relevent levels turned up to max? Sounds odd.
  9. saj_2001ind

saj_2001ind Well-Known Member

headphone volume perfect for me with awesome quality, why dont u try factory resetting ur phone once
  10. ytrebil

Yep, all volume up to the Max.

I think I read someone with a HD Desire having sound problems (too quiet) and they were on T-Mobile. I
  11. moreplease

moreplease New Member

I was looking for answers here, but I may be able to help you instead
  12. El Kroket

El Kroket Well-Known Member

Really weird... I use my phone a lot to listen to mp3's with my Shure earphones and never had any complaints. So I just tested it again with the standard HTC earphones and I have to say there still are no problems here. Actually if I turn the volume all the way up it's just too loud to listen to without getting any eardamage :)

My phone is unbranded and i'm not using any 'gain software'... So maybe it is linked to T-mobile, seems a bit weird though.

Cheers
  13. El Kroket

El Kroket Well-Known Member

Really weird... I use my phone a lot to listen to mp3's with my Shure earphones and never had any complaints. So I just tested it again with the standard HTC earphones and I have to say there still are no problems here. Actually if I turn the volume all the way up it's just too loud to listen to without getting any eardamage :)

My phone is unbranded and i'm not using any 'gain software'... So maybe it is linked to T-mobile, seems a bit weird though.

Cheers
  14. ytrebil

I think it is because of T-Mobile as others have said what you have and I can't see the phones hardware being at fault, it must be what the carriers **** about with before they pass the phones onto their customers.

Volume Booster has cured it though.
  15. billy124

billy124 Well-Known Member

Hmm I also also on T-Mobile, and I just tested my phone brother who is a fan of hes sony ericsson phone for music, and he admits my phone is louder and more clear :S

should also mention I used the buit in amazon player
  16. springy

springy Well-Known Member

Are you on 2.2.1 on the T-Mobile software.
    I have heard the 2.2 had problems, but maybe HTC has solved it in the latest update?
  17. misterguydude

misterguydude New Member

Want to know the ONLY reason I STILL prefer to use iPhone/iPod products for my music? The audio output is MUUUUCH higher, much flatter in response and generally just much better than any other electronic product I've ever used. I work at a boutique cell phone store, so I see a lot of phones in and out of my shop. I generally love Android for it's openness and ability to customize and hack. But the music output is so low, I won't use it. Ever. Call me a loser, but I've been listening to music at the gym at gigs at shows really loud. When I walk down the street, I don't want to hear anything but the pounding of my Dre or Tiesto. Until these other manufacturers spend time/money on developing a quality output amplifier and software EQ, they will always be missing that professional touch. I don't care what the sensitivity of your headphones are, when the amp is junk you've got distortion and poor quality coming out no matter the drivers. Think of it like a guitar. Buy a Gibson put it to a pignose, and you've got a tinny ass sound. Buy a Squire plug it into a Marshall and you're gonna sound like a god (assuming you can play).
  18. philhaley

philhaley New Member

I came across this because I thought my desire hd was too quiet. I installed volume boost as suggested and it made a big difference to the volume but the sound quality was awful. I then uninstalled it and bizarrely the quality went back to normal and it was quite a bit louder than before. There is obviously some sort of software settings in the background that are restricting the volume.