Headphones and incoming call...Support

Last Updated:

1. aockels

aockels New Member This Topic's Starter

Jun 18, 2010

First off, I'm very happy with my X10. After going thru all the setting up, it does it all... :)

But I just ran into a problem/issue which I have no clue to solve:

When listening music, using Mediascape, I get an incoming call. When I accept it, music stops and I hear the caller.
    But the built-in mic doesn't seem to work when I have the headphones still plugged in? So the caller can't hear me talk...:(

Is this a setting I have overlooked?
    Does anyone know how to keep the built-in mic working when I have just headphones (Sennheiser IE7 without mic obviously) plugged in?

Thanks for any ideas.

2. Duncs

Duncs Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    As far as i know if you have plugged in your own headphones with no mic you will not be able to talk as the phone thinks you have inserted a proper headset and changes its profile. I have found this happens with alot of phones though, my old HTC Hero was the same aswell, maybe a future version of android will address this but i wouldnt hold ya breath ;) The only work around i have found is to pull out the headphones when the phone starts to ring lol.
  3. senninha

senninha New Member

Jun 19, 2010
    what you need to do is to get the headset that came with the phone. if you take a look at it, it is actually composed of a pair of earphones that is plugged into a mic, which you then plug into the phone.

unplug the standard earphones, plug in your new headset into the mic, then plug the mic into the phone. not only can you now take calls, but you can use the button on the mic to answer and end calls. :)
    aockels likes this.