Headphones calling peopleGeneral

Last Updated:

1. corsetgurl

corsetgurl New Member This Topic's Starter

So on my way to class the other day listening to the media player in the car was just fine, I plug it in to one of those little FM transmitter things and it bounces along under my e-brake handle just fine. But when I parked my car and plugged in my headphones things went bonkers. It started skipping tracks, fast forward, and rewinding tracks, and finally started calling people, I called a friend of mine 4 times. When it started doing it again tonight I did some investigating and discovered that it's recognizing my headPHONES as a headSET. I tried it with my roommate's headphones and it started as headphones but if I twisted the plug the little microphone would appear.

So I guess this is a 2 part question.
    1.) Can I turn off the microphone of a headset through the phone?
    2.) Has anyone else encountered this problem and how did you fix it?

Ok that's 3 parts but who's counting.

Advertisement
  2. graywolferis1

graywolferis1 Well-Known Member

Mine did this too! Except it just skips tracks. Still looking for a solution ( I may have, using a different music player other than the HTC default( Pandora doesn't go wild on me, MixZing Lite))

3. corsetgurl

I think my issue is something with the phone's recognition of the headphones rather than the music player.

4. graywolferis1

Are they low quality like mine?

5. corsetgurl

mine are but my roomie's aren't she paid like $80 for em.

6. graywolferis1

Very weird mine do the exact same, Get read by android as a headphone and then moving it around turns it into the headset o_O.

7. corsetgurl

ok then we have the same problem. Hopefully someone will tell us how to fix it.

8. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

I don't know of any way to "turn off" recognition of a mic circuit in a headset.

Plugs

[​IMG]

On the left is a (Verizon) headset+mic plug, on the right a plug for a pair of earbuds.

The phone has to try and detect the plug type by using multiple contacts within the jack. There's no software involved - just a couple of mechanical contacts and (possibly) extremely simple circuits in the headset.

My guess is that there is either a problem with manufacturing tolerances in either the plug of your earphones or the jack (or a combination of both of them) that causes the problem. (I've seen it once on my phone w/ a pair of earbuds, but I can't reproduce the problem.)

I'd suggest you take your phone into the store where you can test out different earbuds/earphones - and buy a pair that you can not get the problem to occur with.

eu1