• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Headphones don't work

gme109

Android Enthusiast
Aug 17, 2010
Tried plugging in the ear buds and no sound coming out while using phone or listening to Youtube. Also can't find any settings that need to be turned on for headphones, so what gives? I know others are using them, so how'd you get them to work?

Update:

Another Epic has to go BACK!!!!!!

Contacted Sprint technical support and the ear bud should work by simply plugging it in.

This will be my fourth.

Final update:

Well this is embarrassing. Went storming into the Sprint store to return my phone, and the guy behind the counter wanted to check it out first. I knew I had screwed up, when he forced the headphone jack ALL the way in. I had pushed it in and applied as much force as I felt comfortable with, but it wast enough, the jack needs to be fully plugged in. Duh!

kudos for admitting user error.

Thing is, a friend of mine, while talking on the phone, had the same trouble with his Epic. The connection is far too tight on both our phones. I mean you had to really push down hard to get it to fully engage. I stopped, before being show, when it felt like it was down as far as it was going to go. When the Sprint guy did it, I realized how hard one must push to get the jack fully engaged. I imagine it will loosen with time.

Hopefully this post will help ours with a tight phone jack connection, before storming off to their local Sprint store.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones