Headphones issue and incoming texts not vibrate?Support

Last Updated:

1. DingMan

DingMan Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I've had the X10 for about a week now. Great phone, just a couple of problems I was hoping you guys could shed some light upon.

Do the headphones that come with it only work with the phone itself or other similar SE phones? When I tried plugging the headphones with the mic dongle attached into my iPod, the music came out fuzzy, and only when I held on the mic button did it become normal. The headphones if you don't use the mic dongle, but it is too short to be any good for regular use. Did SE purposely put some sort of filter in the mic dongle to prevent you from using it with other devices? Or are mine just faulty?

Another problem is that my text messages or other notifications don't cause the phone to vibrate. I will have the phone set on vibrate mode 99% of the time so this is a big deal for me. I have it set on vibrate but otherwise can't find anything in the Settings that specifically deal with vibrating for incoming text messages. I sincerely hope that there is one.

Advertisement
  2. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member

Have you tried it on other things beside the iPod? I have mine and I just tested them on my stereo and they work fine, crystal clear, I tried them plugged directly into it and then with the sony mic adapter and no difference. I am not sure what could be causing your issue, the headset has to black inputs on the tip and the mic adapter has 3 which one is for the mic but it should not affect the sound quality

3. DingMan

Well I tried it on my computer and you're right, it works fine. Although now I'm kinda pissed. I use my iPod to listen to music and have been looking for replacement headphones. This kinda sucks :mad:

I still have no answer for vibration for texts. Am I just not looking in the Settings hard enough?

4. Crash27

To set your phone to Vibrate when you receive a message,All you need to do is open up the Messaging App, when it opens click your first bottom button, this brings up the menu, select the Settings and then just scroll to the bottom and you will see Vibrate and also select a ringtone if you wish, let me know if you find it ok

FergiGirl likes this.
  5. DingMan

Well, that worked, and I really am an idiot...I was looking in the main Settings section of the phone, I didn't even think about looking in the Messaging section itself. I often overlook that menu button because I'm used to iPod Touches where there were no external buttons.

Thanks so much for your help! This is without a doubt the best phone I've ever had, and I feel like I've only tapped into a bit of its potential.

6. Crash27

LOL , its ok I have done the same to, over looked things when they are right there, But yes I agree I love this phone to, I can't wait for the new OS update to 2.1 or even 2.2 in the next month or so, The phones are getting so jam packed full of features that it is like a portable laptop in your hand, Sony has always made great products, I had a Sony W300i about 3 years ago that I won from Pepsi and it was a great little phone, It did everything. Then I went to the new LG Eve about 3 months ago and then when the Sony came out I bought it a week ago, But for now this is my new toy until something else comes out and then its on to the next one.