headphones & music on, phone vibrate mode, received calls blast me with full ringtoneSupport

1. mellowjive

mellowjive Member

New Lucid user here. I stream music daily on low volume at work with headphones in, but phone on vibrate mode from drop down menu. I got a call and my ear drums shattered with full ringtone and volume. I tried with another app to verify and same thing both Pandora and tune-in radio. On my Samsung fascinate and my wife's new Motorola RAZR m the music pauses and phone vibrates if on vibrate mode. Even on sound mode it will at least keep the volume to the music level setting. Anyone have this issue on their lucid? Any fixes? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. mellowjive

mellowjive Member

I also want to add that I even set the phone to silent mode. I tested to make sure that it truely was silent and called my phone just regularly with no headphones or anythign running. No problems. I put the headphones back in and called my phone and the ringtone starts playing full blast volume. So it really just seems that it doesn't recognize that when headphones are in, to switch call volume to sound setting, or to use phone settings. It's like default mode of headphones in is to turn the sound on.

Could someone please play around with this so I can verify if it is only my phone, or if it is all Lucids? I am on ICS 4.04.
  3. mrryanthai

mrryanthai Well-Known Member

I'm not sure.I have the same problem with texts as well.Like my texts will go off with max volume.
  4. mellowjive

mellowjive Member

Into the headphones even though the phone is set to vibrate or silent? I mean, even if the phone was on ringer, it still should sense the overall music volume level as the "master" and not trump that setting with the ringer setting.
  5. mrryanthai

mrryanthai Well-Known Member

6. vmccowan

vmccowan New Member

Did you ever figure out how to fix this? I'm having the same problem - god i hate this phone!
  7. chinakylin

chinakylin Member

settings-->sound-->volums
  8. vmccowan

vmccowan New Member

no shit, chinakylin, is that all it takes? because there's NO FREAKING WAY that i tried that first thing. not a single chance.
  9. mellowjive

mellowjive Member

I never figured that out. I hated that phone and got rid of it quickly. Sold it to some sucker on Ebay for what I paid for it and got a normal Samsung Nexus. 10x better. Will never buy a LG anything (tv, fridge, washer). They all suck.
  10. felixjohan

felixjohan Well-Known Member

Lmao Agree