Headphones?

Last Updated:

1. dalesponyrider

dalesponyrider Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have managed to lose my nexus headphones. Left them at a friends house - she has posted me some, but they are not mine! I reckon someone at the party swapped them!

Where is the best place to buy some new ones as I really liked them?

Advertisement
  2. CirkDroid

CirkDroid Well-Known Member

The ones the android come with are crap.

You will get a large variety of recommendations, but a real solid headphone would be the Klipsch S4i's. The inline controls work just like the bundled headset, and the sound quality + isolation is really nice. I think they are crazy comfortable too. Consider this a fan post, from someone trying to "justify" his purchase, but I listen to headphones about 4 hours a day, have been for years. When I find one I like, I like it!

dalesponyrider likes this.
  3. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Wowza...that's an expensive darling there! How is the call quality? The one that came with the Nexus was OK but the people on the other line had a hard time hearing me at times...and one of the apps I downloaded has regrettably killed it...I got tired after installing 5 apps to find the culprit ...so looking for a suitable replacement.

4. worker1

worker1 Well-Known Member

5. dalesponyrider

I'm afraid those Klipsch ones are far out of my price range. The other two suggested - for some reason I can't load the links.

Due to enormous vet bills at present, I will have to look at the cheaper end. I was quite happy with the ones I've lost and have looked on Ebay to get the same. Trouble is, I don't know who to shop with to get genuine products. I'm told there are a lot of fakes on Ebay?

6. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

I assume these are the same, I've never used my N1's headphones: http://www.htcaccess...m.aspx?i=196334

If you don't want the HTC/Google ones, I would look for a set of Sennheiser CX300's, they're quite cheap but very good.

dalesponyrider likes this.
  7. CirkDroid

CirkDroid Well-Known Member

Heh, if you went to headfi.org, the Klipsch are on the very low end of the headphone price scale. High end headphones can skyrocket in price. I sure have spent some serious cash on headphones in my day, that's for sure. Some of those guys there though, still put me to shame.

For me though, call quality is great. The only complaint I have is that with better headphones, the earpieces are more sensitive, so they will be louder. This by itself is generally a very good thing, as the N1 is not really well known for it's volume, and it really can help you be able to hear a person better (the isolation that headphones like this will give also helps that) but it does reveal some audio distortion when you're on the phone. The microphone quality is comparable to the bundled headset, in that no one has complained about either.

Music though, is the reason why I bought them, and I love how they sound with my phone. Some of the reason why people buy them are for their relatively low cost, their impressive base, and their high level of comfort thanks to the good design of the ear tips. For a music player, an N1 is "tolerable" but I really do enjoy how it makes my favorite bands sound, it really gives a nice crunch to guitars. If mine ever break or get damaged, I won't be shopping for an upgrade, I'll just get a replacement.

8. dalesponyrider

Thank you Rusty. They look the same and are more within my price bracket at the moment! I will maybe look forward to looking at some better quality headphones when I am not so weighed down with vets bills. I was certainly impressed with the Klipsch ipod dock that I heard at my friends house last month so will definitely look at the Klipsch ones in the future. Thanks for your replies guys.

9. techdaring

techdaring Well-Known Member

The headphone for N1 is very good with sound.

10. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

But the headphone mic sucks as a communication median though (or for me).

11. dalesponyrider

Just bumping this up as with my birthday approaching, and Christmas, I just might be able to persuade someone to buy me some good quality headphones! I wondered if anyone had any other suggestions or if the ones mentioned here are the best?

I am wearing them an awful lot now and need them to be comfortable as well as good quality sound. I find my ears are starting to hurt now! I wear them outside in all weathers so need to be able to get them under a waterproof hat so I guess the in ear ones are the best for me.

12. Soupdragon

Soupdragon Well-Known Member

Yep, I have one of these and agree it produces a fantastic sound.

I have trouble finding earphones to fit my very small ear(hole)s.
    I bought some Sennheiser mx300 - good sound but couldn't get them to stay in. I ended up making an emergency purchase at the airport - I think they are these Sony Fontopia MDR-ED21LP Earphones - Products they are very comfortable and the sound is good too - more than adequate for my dog-walking etc.
    Obviously they don't have a mic, but I never use it anyway. If I'm in the car I use "Car Mode" from the market which automatically puts any calls thru to the phone's loudspeaker - it works well for me.

Happy Birthday :D, if your's is on Tues we must be twins! :D

13. NunyaBidnez

NunyaBidnez Well-Known Member

14. dalesponyrider

I've got the normal headphones now but was thinking of getting some better quality ones for my birthday!

15. blisterpeanuts

blisterpeanuts Active Member

I recently got a Motorola S305 bluetooth stereo headset and have been pretty pleased with it. Pairing is easy, it charges off microUSB, the sound is pretty good, and the mike is OK. Best part is, no cables. It was about $33 from Amazon.

Sometimes people say they can't hear me but other times it's fine, so maybe it's my quiet speaking voice. I don't like walking down the street, talking really loudly to myself :)

I have had good luck with the stock ear bud/mike that came with the phone. I just don't like cables very much.

16. NunyaBidnez

NunyaBidnez Well-Known Member

I had a pair of Motorola S9 bluetooth headphones but they were a piece of crap. They look great but they are not very reliable. They would often lose connection when I put my phone in my pocket and even though they're supposed to be sweat resistant, I had to send them back to Motorola for replacement after using them at the gym. I could deal with not using them at the gym but if it cant stay connected with my phone in my pocket, that's a deal breaker.

Can anyone recommend some good bluetooth headphones? I need something that maintains a steady connection, small form factor (no over the ear headphones), and preferably sweat resistant.

17. dalesponyrider

I'm not sure about bluetooth headphones. I like the idea of no cables but wonder about charging them up. I have enough problems charging up my phone leave alone headphones as well! Mind you, it would be useful not to have any cables when my Dales yearling is investigating my clothing! He loves trying to have a nibble at the cables if I don't watch out!

I really need to be able to listen to music/podcasts as well as be able to take phone calls without taking the phone out of my pocket. By the time I'm all wrapped up in several layers and waterproofs in the winter I really don't want to be struggling with my phone.

18. outoffocus

outoffocus Well-Known Member

everyone out there listening to music with bluetooth headphones does realize the audio stream from your phone to the bluetooth device is highly compressed... right?

i use A2DP for podcasts and voice calling and that is about it.. call me an audio snob. :D

19. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

I got myself a pair of BT headphones for running. A cheap knock-off of the Motorola S9HD from Deal Extreme.

To be fair to them, they're pretty good considering how little they cost.