• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I just tried two 3.5 mm to rca adapters (like this one) to connect the VTAB to my stereo and they both worked fine. I am using a cheapy set of headphones (in ear buds) designed for a cell phone (tip, ring, ring, sleeve - TRRS) right now and they work and the button that is used to answer calls will start and stop the music. The bass is actually great and the volume is very good. Tested with the stock music player.

The 3.5 mm connector does not look like it goes in all the way, I think this is because the jack is on the corner. Being on the corner places the jack at the top regardless of the orientation.

The stock music player displays a 'widget' on the lock screen that shows what is playing and the volume, but there are no controls. It also auto-stops when you unplug the headphones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones