• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Headphones

Upvote 0
Problem solved for $1.69.
3.5mm Earphone Adapter Cable with mic for iPhone | eBay
$(KGrHqZHJE8E-vgrh--tBPtLh1JHUw~~60_3.JPG

Plug it in, press the button, phone switches on headphone jack until you unplug it. The button is supposed to act as a Send/End button but I don't care, I'm just glad it works to activate the headphone jack.

Now not only can I use my car stereo to listen to music from my phone, I can also use it to crank the volume on a conversation...previously I've had to turn it on speakerphone and hold it up to my ear like it's not on speakerphone and still couldn't hear over wind/engine noise.

Might want to get a different one than I got, though. The mic on it is really awful. It's still worth trying ones on eBay that are a couple bucks IMO.

Upvote 0
I haven't had an issue with the headphone jack other than random cracking and popping sounds while I'm listening to music. It tends to do it when the screen is lit up and also sometimes when my phone is doing a lot of downloading/uploading via 3G. At least I think this is whats going on. When I lock my screen and let the phone sit for a minute the cracking and popping stops. Has anyone else had this issue?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones