Head's about ready to explode

Last Updated:

1. heywood

heywood Active Member This Topic's Starter

i followed all the instructions to root the eris and i'm pretty sure all has gone well.

Just to preface, i am technically adept. Just no linux/android experience ever.

So while I believe for the most part all is ok, I still have some problems.

The phone is rooted, while running normally & attached to the pc in usb debugging mode, from the command prompt doing an adb shell only gets the $.

So i figure maybe i did something wrong, i know i can see i've made the right steps when doing a vol up + power on, so i find drocap, a root only app. I install it, i'm able to take screen caps no problem.

So i figure let me try booting into recovery mode, NOW when i type adb shell i get the #

So I wanna see if i can remove some of the apps I don't want
    "mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system"
    works fine
    "Now type "cd /system/app" and then "ls"
    works great, i can see all the apps but it still isn't letting me delete.

That was in the afternoon.

I took a break, had dinner, tv, when i returned....whatever it was i did earlier just evaporated
    I don't know if i omitted anything but when i do
    "cd /system/app" it says it's invalid, but if i do a plain "ls" then i can see all the folders of the phone but i can't get back to that system\app folder

what am i doing wrong ?

thanks for your patience

Advertisement
  2. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

open a command prompt in your /tools/ dir of the sdk, type adb shell and then su...you will then get a prompt on your phone, hit always allow. then you all set

heywood likes this.
  3. heywood

heywood Active Member This Topic's Starter

sir, you are a lifesaver

and if a mod is reading, please insert that valuable piece of into into the deleting unwanted apps thread

thanks

4. droidkevlar

droidkevlar Well-Known Member

dont forget the thanks button, hehehe...glad i could help...i had same problem and was going to kill myself as well, lol