Heads up, Droid X's shipping early....

Last Updated:

1. Footman

Footman Member This Topic's Starter

Quick heads up guys for any of you that are waiting for your Droid to arrive. I placed my order on 23 July with 3 Aug shipping date, just received email notifying me that the Droid X has shipped and should be with me tomorrow.....

Advertisement
  2. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

Not for everyone, I'm still waiting on mine to shit that I ordered online on the 15th! freakin verizon....

3. Bassman21

Bassman21 Member

your region may have something to do with you early ship date, I also ordered on the 23rd hoping to get similar news :) what state do you live in?

4. sycron

sycron Well-Known Member

I'm ordering mine tomorrow night, will that mean that it will arrive August 3rd as well?

5. Bassman21

Bassman21 Member

As of right now the Verizon page still Says ship **By** Aug 23rd but you may get it sooner... i'm hoping so for myself also.

6. JA1234

JA1234 Well-Known Member

LOL sure about that

7. BRM10984

BRM10984 Well-Known Member

On-line, in store, or over the phone?

Where are you?

8. cmills93

cmills93 Member

I'm in NE Ohio. I ordered mine online on 7/21, at which point, it said it would ship by 8/3. I received an email yesterday saying that it has shipped and should arrive on Tuesday, July 27 by 3pm.

9. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Well-Known Member

i ordered over telesales for a replacement. mine is comming from the menphis TN warehouse. (Im in NC) my order was placed on july 21 and will be@ my house on the 28 by 4:30 :)

10. Bassman21

Bassman21 Member

oops i meant Aug 3rd LOL

11. kwest12

kwest12 Well-Known Member

I placed my order on 7/23 around 1:30 or 2:00 EST, via telesales and was given the typical "should ship by 8/3". I called yesterday (Sunday, 7/25) and asked if there had been any progress on the order. The lady looked and told me there was no shipping indication yet, but the estimated "ship by" date on my order was now 7/27. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to call at lunch and find out there is a tracking #. I'm in Western NY.

12. JA1234

JA1234 Well-Known Member

happy day!!!! just got shipment tracking info for my replacement...ordered on the 20 about 2 am through tech support over the phone... was told will ship by 27th...called friday to get update since I was told I wouldnt get an email. Was told that I should have been told the 3rd... well regardless my replacement is on the way and i got an email. Will be here on the 28th. Why its coming from west chester pa is beyond me, when I am 3 hours from the memphis location, but at least is coming. Thank you baby Jesus

:D

13. Bassman21

Bassman21 Member

Well I don't live too far from you and ordered 7/23 around 3:15pm, so we should be getting our X's around the same time. I'll Keep you posted once i get my shipping confirmation and please do the same :).

14. Footman

Footman Member This Topic's Starter

I live in Nevada, but am working in Buffalo NY for the next few days, so phone being shipped to Buffalo not Nevada, should be with me tomorrow according to Fedex. The phone was ordered online....

15. ovenman

ovenman Active Member

I ordered mine in store on 7/21 and was told it would ship "by" 8/3.

I have yet to hear anything.

16. BRM10984

BRM10984 Well-Known Member

Don't hold your breath. To say they're shipping these randomly is kind. You may be fortunate enough to have yours shipped at the same time, but don't be surprised if that's not the case.

Based on posts on this forum, I have a hunch that calling Verizon to inquire sets some "trigger" that gets the order pulled up in the shipping line. I had other business to address this morning, and while I was on the phone, I asked about the order. If it ships within the next day or two, I'm not inclined to call it mere coincidence that I asked about it and it happened to ship.

17. Mike20878

Mike20878 Well-Known Member

I ordered online from Costco Fri night (7/23) and it says it will ship by 7/28 2-day UPS. I'm hopeful it ships earlier.

18. omann321

omann321 New Member

ordered mine on the 20th and still have not received shipping info. I live in maryland, don't know if thats why. apparently it should be shipping from PA or something

19. kwest12

kwest12 Well-Known Member

Soooo you know how everyone is always saying how stupid the VZW service folks are? Well it seems like there may be something to that rumor.... I called today and when the lady saw I ordered on 7/23 she gave me the canned "should ship by 8/3". When I pressed her about what the other rep told me yesterday ("should ship by 7/27") she had no clue.

I'm now wondering if the rep I spoke with yesterday was just misquoting the estimated ship date schedule. You'll recall that when orders initially began getting delayed, the ship date was first pushed to 7/23, then to 7/27 and most recently to 8/3. Perhaps my rep on Sunday looked at the incorrect date range and told me the 27th. I'm going to try back in a bit and see what a third rep can tell me.

On the plus side, if I continue receiving inconsistent info, it could give me something to get a little irate about and maybe lead to a pushed up ship date? Probably not, but a guy can dream right? (I mean I can't dream about fish taco aaaaaalllll the time... gotta switch it up a bit LOL)

20. JA1234

JA1234 Well-Known Member

NOW that is funny vzw wouldnt do such.

21. thecrock0984

thecrock0984 Well-Known Member

I ordered over the phone with a CS rep in Cali Friday 23rd. Got tracking number and will be here Wed 28th. I live just outside of Atlanta!

22. DanielM3

DanielM3 Member

ordered on the 22nd and got a tracking number saying it will be deliverd on the 28th when I called verizon. live in san francisco

23. Mike20878

Mike20878 Well-Known Member

I got an email asking for my VZW billing password so they could complete the upgrade. The CSR confirmed original ship date of 7/28. I should've had it shipped to work... :(

24. xrussx

xrussx Well-Known Member

Ordered a replacement on 7/23 just got the tracking number. Ordered via Tech Support.