• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Headset Control - get vol up/down etc on single button remote/mic

Broke my earphones (right one has come loose from its casing exposing the wires) so was looking for a new pair on Amazon, looked at the Jays website for specs on their a-Jays one+ and found they have an app to extend controls for the single button mic/remote, including vol up/down.

Had to check this out, so downloaded the Jays Headset Control app free from market (or play store or whatever it's called now), and tested it with my soundMagic MP21s - they have a single button mic/remote - along with PowerAMP.

Very happy to report that app works with this set-up - I can now turn vol up/down through single button remote/mic plus other settings that you can tweak in the advanced set-up :).

Be interesting to know what other single button headphones it works with - (bought a pair of their One+ earphones to try out instead of another pair of soundMagics, just hope sound is as good and build tougher).

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones