• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Headset control help please

Maybe I am the only one still awake, but I guess I am not much of help........

But your question sounds like : My car doesn't move, what's wrong ?

Maybe if you edit your post and tell us what kind of phone, what headset, what controls, what baseband, what ROM, etc. etc. etc. and what kind of problem you have, maybe, if someone wakes up early can help you !

Upvote 0
I'm not aware of a 'Samsung galaxy prevail wired headset' if you're using one for say, a cdplayer, or a mp3 player, then odds are it is designed to work with that specific device.

If it's a generic radio shack one or something, does it state it's Android compatible? This phone may be a beast, but i wouldn't expect say, a xbox 360 headset to function. (though i have never tried)

Reactions: tehnoob
Upvote 0
I'm not aware of a 'Samsung galaxy prevail wired headset' if you're using one for say, a cdplayer, or a mp3 player, then odds are it is designed to work with that specific device.

If it's a generic radio shack one or something, does it state it's Android compatible? This phone may be a beast, but i wouldn't expect say, a xbox 360 headset to function. (though i have never tried)

its the new style of skullcandy ink'd buds with one button control and mic...that probably wont change my results. but thank you anyways. youve helped me out a ton LV

Upvote 0

Funny you mention that. I have an old LG Envy* (a Verizon dumbphone) that actually works 100% with the Xbox360 headset, and with impressive clarity to boot.:D

T'was a pretty hilarious and awesome discovery on my part, because prior to that I'd had a rash of bluetooth headsets permanently die on me, so using the headset saved me money. Of course, I did look kinda goofy in the car.....:rolleyes:

*Correction: It was an LG Env2 I had.

Reactions: Lordvincent 90
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones