Headset / EarbudsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. csetheridge

csetheridge Active Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 13, 2009
    Which is best to get as far as sound and call quality? The Headset that plugs in the charger port or the one that plugs in the 3.5mm jack on top. Any suggestions on brands? I will be using the mic, so just any headset won't work.

2. droid-dohrk

droid-dohrk Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009

For me, I went with the 3.5 jack headset w/mic. That way, I can still plug the charger or usb computer cable into the phone and use the headset while charging.

For headset w/mic:
    I bought the super cheap Motorola EH-25. The sound is cheap too. They just set in your ears and they wobble for me when I turn my head. It's the old style buds. People say the mic sounds good and it has a button to mute/unmute, pause/unpause music.

I also bought some Ultimate Ears 4vi on ebay, $20-$30. I wondered if they were fake, but boy, they sure sound great to me. They push in your ear slightly and block outside sounds. People say the mic sounds good and it too has a button. I've had these about a week. I really like these.
  3. nobiggie

nobiggie Active Member

Dec 16, 2009
    vmoda vibe duo FTW. about 60-70 bucks depending where you get it, best sound i've heard, including anything by ultimate ears (short of those monitor earphones that mold to your entire ear, which don't come with a mic anyway.) they're a bit bass-heavy for some, not for me though.

vmoda vibe 2 is alot more expensive, but identical in sound and only slightly better in construction. plus they're a good bit heavier, so not good for running, etc
  4. Solitary

Solitary Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Eris is not made to sound good while playing music..no matter which earphones you will buy, it will sound flat.

Dont believe me? Plug in your iPod in your car and see the difference.