• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Headset Mode Stuck On for Droid Eris

Ewolf

Lurker
May 1, 2010
Hey all,

First time posting.

I plugged my Eris into a two way audio jack to play music through a friend's car stereo, but when I removed the jack, it went into headset mode and I have no idea how to get rid of it.

I don't own a headset and as such, cannot talk to or hear anyone I call or who is calling me now. I have scoured the net for answers but the only thing I found was an outdated app that will not work on the phone.

Is there anyway to get my phone off headset mode? A toggle widget that works for the newest version of the os? Anything? Anyone

I had the same problem and the resolution was a "Call Setting". On my htc eris I went to the Settings >> Call >> TTY Mode. I had to change the TTY mode to "OFF". Also, my Hearing Aid setting was mysteriously set to on, causing all my calls to broadcast in max volume. In this call settings, i also changed the "Hearing aid" setting to OFF.

I'm running htc Eris with leaked 2.1 Operating System update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones