• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Headset music bug - galaxo fix

Well, now I managed to have my phone stop playing sound at all (only in the OS) when I unplug the headphones. I was running Galaxo 1.6.X when I had the issue and tried to 0din back to: I7500XEEJE.

After booting the new factory ROM I even factory reset and still having no sound. I can't even place a call anymore since I have no speaker.

When I plug in the headphones I can hear music..... Anyone have any ideas what I can do to get the phone to start playing sounds again? I can hear the Samsung logo bootup sound.....

When I place a call the speaker button isn't selectable anymore either.....

For now I will try to flash back to 1.5 through 0din...

Upvote 0
Update: My sound randomly came back on just now!!??????

Another Update: When plugging headphones back in, sound went away again... I will have to keep playing with this....

I played with this more, it seems my headphone jack must have gone bad maybe? Now only sound comes out of the speaker but I can't get it to switch to headphones.... Well....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones