Headset voice dialing - one digit at a time

Last Updated:

1. geoffro37

geoffro37 New Member

I have an Incredible and a Jawbone Icon. Where I live in Delaware they just recently put into law hands free cell phone usage while operating a motor vehicle. From my recent research into voice command apps, it seems that there are applications out there, but none of them fulfill what I desire. At this point all I would need is an app that would recognize my speech for inputing individual numerical digits of a phone number and a voice command to call. If anyone can recommend something, that would be greatly appreciated. I hate to go back to my old Audiovox phone, which handled voice dialing quite well from trained words. LOL. Thanks

2. ezytalk

ezytalk New Member

I'm with you Geoff. Have had a Motorola Razr2 V9 with Name dial and digit dial and worked a treat over Bluetooth. Same deal in Australia with the law. To my absolute horror, the Samsun Galaxy S2 / Vlingo combination can dial a name from your phone book, but can't dial digits that you speak - I seriously can't believe this!!!!! Rang Samsung Australia and support didn't really care.

So for me to dial a phone number, I have to break the law, take my eyes off the road and press the numbers on the phone..... hmmm if I get caught by the police for "using" a mobile phone while driving, I wonder if I send the ticket to Samsung that they will pay the fine????? Cheers.:mad:
  3. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

If your device doesn't support it or you can't find an app try a headset with built-in voice commands. Your device's limitations do not make the manufacturer culpable for your actions if you break the law.
  4. Herf N Turf

Herf N Turf Active Member

Indeed, this is annoying that Google won't enable voice commands for bluetooth, There's been a campaign on the Jawbone website forever, but it doesn't seem to be getting anywhere.