Headset voice dialing - one digit at a time

1. geoffro37

geoffro37 New Member

I have an Incredible and a Jawbone Icon. Where I live in Delaware they just recently put into law hands free cell phone usage while operating a motor vehicle. From my recent research into voice command apps, it seems that there are applications out there, but none of them fulfill what I desire. At this point all I would need is an app that would recognize my speech for inputing individual numerical digits of a phone number and a voice command to call. If anyone can recommend something, that would be greatly appreciated. I hate to go back to my old Audiovox phone, which handled voice dialing quite well from trained words. LOL. Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. ezytalk

ezytalk New Member

I'm with you Geoff. Have had a Motorola Razr2 V9 with Name dial and digit dial and worked a treat over Bluetooth. Same deal in Australia with the law. To my absolute horror, the Samsun Galaxy S2 / Vlingo combination can dial a name from your phone book, but can't dial digits that you speak - I seriously can't believe this!!!!! Rang Samsung Australia and support didn't really care.

So for me to dial a phone number, I have to break the law, take my eyes off the road and press the numbers on the phone..... hmmm if I get caught by the police for "using" a mobile phone while driving, I wonder if I send the ticket to Samsung that they will pay the fine????? Cheers.:mad:
  3. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

If your device doesn't support it or you can't find an app try a headset with built-in voice commands. Your device's limitations do not make the manufacturer culpable for your actions if you break the law.
  4. Herf N Turf

Herf N Turf Active Member

Indeed, this is annoying that Google won't enable voice commands for bluetooth, There's been a campaign on the Jawbone website forever, but it doesn't seem to be getting anywhere.