Headsets - bluetooth or wiredTips

1. LatSurfer

LatSurfer New Member

My needs:
    Listen to music, movie sound tracks etc.
    Make Skype and GooVeIP voice calls.

I am searching for a headset that will work with the A100. I presume from the icon next to the jack that this is headphones only - no mic input through this jack -- can someone please confirm that.

I would prefer a bluetooth device but if there is no mic it really doesn't matter too much if I have to deal with a wire. My Plantronics Voyager 510 will pair with the A100 but there is an error message that indicates the connection is not established. Doesn't seem to be any way to get the a100 & 510 to pair properly.

What are my Bluetooth options and what suggestions does anyone have for a wired headphones or ear bud solution?

Advertisement
    :
  2. bigbpc

bigbpc Active Member

Currently the a100 and a500 series do NOT connect with bluetooth microphone devices. Bluetooh Speakers/Headphones only, not headsets/microphones. :( There is a press release on their website stating they may add this functionality at a later date.
    As for the Headphone jack, it will accept a 3.5mm smartphone headset. I bought a iphone/ipad headset from my local techshop for $9. Microphone seems to be touch and go on it's success rate. I've had the most success with non-mic earbuds in the headphone jack, and using the tabs mic pinhole, tho that has it's sensetivity issues too. Hopefully acer will address these issues soon, perhaps with the android 4.0 ics update. You may have better results than I with a higher quality corded headset. Also there is the possability of using a analog pc headset with a smartphone adapter. I know of one called headset buddy on amazon for $15. I currently can't afford to put any more money into my tablet or I would try it with my corded plantronics 350 headset. Would be great if anyone could confirm the use of a smartphone/pc headset adapter.
  3. jun212

jun212 New Member

i have a problem with my a100 i was listening to music awhile a go with my other earphone then when i use my other one it started playing through the speaker can someone help me on this pls