HeadsetsAccessories

Last Updated:

1. Modd

Modd Member This Topic's Starter

Looking for a good headset for my desire with single earpiece and boom mike. Headset, not ear piece, the dinky little cheek mikes on those dont work for me, has to be positionable boom mike. It can be wireless or wired, Not real particular, but it has to be clear sounding. I work in a somewhat noisy environment.

Thanks for any tips and opinions.

Advertisement
  2. sudkcoce

sudkcoce Well-Known Member

I am very happy with Sony Ericsson MW600 bluetooth headset.

3. Modd

Thanks.

I found the Plantronics Voyager Pro is close to what I want, but I think the boom mike is still to short. it needs to be right in front of my mouth (adjustable).

I might be able to hack one up and extend that mike.

4. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member

Can I ask how much you are willing to spend?

5. Modd

$100 as a example, less is better. I guess it depends upon the unit and how that performs and is what I am looking for.

6. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member

Well, this is a kinda tough call. I would suggest a set of Sennheiser HMD 25-1's but I'm pretty sure they don't connect using a mini-jack (and they're pretty over budget!) But if you had any soldering experience you could probably fix the connection issues... I've got a pair of bog standard 25's (without the mic) and they are one of the best bits of audio kit I've ever bought. They ain't cheap but they can outclass cans twice their price so well worth it IMO.

Have a look here on their site. The ones I suggested above can be found in the professional headsets section, but as you can see they are usually used for broadcasting TV and radio. A little more suitable may be the 'call centre headsets' or the 'aviation' section. Make sure you check they can connect first though!

Anyway, in my experience, even a pair of

7. fidjit

fidjit New Member

8. Modd

I think I am going to try the Voyager Pro and see how that works out. Talked to a Plantronics dealer and was assured (money back) that it will work for me.

I appreciate the responses and ideas everyone gave, thank you.