• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Heard about my.xmarks.com/iphone ?

JemmyDucks

Aug 1, 2010
I contacted tech suppor at Xmarks the other day to whine about the teeny tiny text size in the Xmarks mobile site (it's readable, but too small to click accurately without trying to be extra precise). The tech guy pointed me to my.xmarks.com/iphone. Much much better.

there is an app for xmarks but its limited and paid. Im kinda WTF over that one. What you can do is go to xmarks.com and log into your account. then go to your bookmarks page and then set a bookmark on your phone browser. This way you go there with a click and all your desktop pc bookmarks are listed.

Right, that's what the site I named is all about. I've been using the Xmarks mobile site for over a year. But I was unhappy about how closely-spaced the links were on the screen (makes it too difficult to tap accurately). The "iphone" site has nice big links that are easier on the eyes and the eye-hand coordination. So now instead of accessing my Xmarks at

Xmarks Mobile (".../mobile")

I use

Xmarks Mobile (".../iphone")

The site is not iPhone-dependent, so far as I can see.

Upvote 0
I had another look at my xmarks and noticed that if you scroll to the bottom of the page you can choose "classic" view, when this is selected you can zoom in on the page vs. the mobile version that wont allow any zooming. However, I also noticed that you cannot scroll all the way down the page and see ALL of the bookmarks.

Try the my.xmarks.com/iphone site. The text is large and the page loads quickly. I just wonder why the my.xmarks.com/mobile site doesn't use the same formatting.

Reactions: Greavous
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones