Heard notification sound but nothing on task bar.

1. SuperBaby

SuperBaby Well-Known Member

Everyday I am getting this short notification sound a few times but there is nothing shown on the task bar. There is no incoming SMS or calendar event. And it is not the alarm clock. What is it?

Advertisement
    :
  2. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

I don't have a hero, but I do have a touch pro, and I was forever getting the same thing and it eventually turned out to be that I had a setting on where is made a sound or vibrated when my phone connected to the internet. So whenever I lost signal then regained it, it would vibrate.

Could be a similar issue
  3. SuperBaby

I have turned "SD Card Notifications" off. So it is not the cause. I wonder if it is the reminder of some software....
  4. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

As the previous poster says, there's a good chance it's the "Data roaming sound" signal selectable in the settings/wireless controls/Mobile Network Settings screen.
  5. SuperBaby

Thanks for the tips. I have now turned off the Data Roaming Sound. Will wait and see if I still get the same sound. Thanks again.
  6. SuperBaby

I think I know where the sound came from. I believe it is the update notification under Android Market for the apps I have installed.
  7. bswigart1028

bswigart1028 New Member

i have the same problem. I didn't know where to change the sound so it doesn't continue? Superbaby did this work for you? or is it still doing it? very frustrating!