Heard notification sound but nothing on task bar.

Last Updated:

1. SuperBaby

SuperBaby Well-Known Member

Everyday I am getting this short notification sound a few times but there is nothing shown on the task bar. There is no incoming SMS or calendar event. And it is not the alarm clock. What is it?

Advertisement
  2. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

I don't have a hero, but I do have a touch pro, and I was forever getting the same thing and it eventually turned out to be that I had a setting on where is made a sound or vibrated when my phone connected to the internet. So whenever I lost signal then regained it, it would vibrate.

Could be a similar issue
  3. SuperBaby

I have turned "SD Card Notifications" off. So it is not the cause. I wonder if it is the reminder of some software....
  4. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

As the previous poster says, there's a good chance it's the "Data roaming sound" signal selectable in the settings/wireless controls/Mobile Network Settings screen.
  5. SuperBaby

Thanks for the tips. I have now turned off the Data Roaming Sound. Will wait and see if I still get the same sound. Thanks again.
  6. SuperBaby

I think I know where the sound came from. I believe it is the update notification under Android Market for the apps I have installed.
  7. bswigart1028

bswigart1028 New Member

i have the same problem. I didn't know where to change the sound so it doesn't continue? Superbaby did this work for you? or is it still doing it? very frustrating!