Hearing a ringtone after bootup...Support

Last Updated:

1. birthofahero

birthofahero Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have recently started hearing my phone make a ringtone right after I boot up, when the lock screen first appears...anyone know whst could be causing this?

Advertisement
  2. Roceskt

Roceskt Well-Known Member

Is it the default chime? The one that is also used for texts by default? Cause if it is, then it's just a notice that the phone is booting up and loading settings and SD/internal disk space. Look at the notice bar and you'll see that it tells you what it's doing at boot up when the chime goes off. If it's another ringtone then that may be a problem.

3. birthofahero

hmmm, what is the default ringtone set to for texts? I have never heard it before a few days ago which seems odd. But I usually have my phone on vibrate but have recently started actually using tones. Could that be what happened?

4. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

Try going to Settings>>Sound & Display scroll down to SD card notifications and uncheck the box. Reboot phone and see if there is a sound notifying you that the SD card has mounted.

I often connect my phone to my computer and connect it as a disc drive. So every time you connect and disconnect the SD card is unmounted and then mounted. I got so tired of hearing the notice that I finally unchecked the notification. I wish I could figure out where I could change the sound that is played.

5. birthofahero

That setting was unchecked already...

6. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Like an earlier poster mentioned, check the notification bar and see what's opening/incoming when you boot the phone. Sounds like you're getting a notification.

If you just started using sounds, chances are fairly decent it's the one found at Settings > Sounds & Display > Notification Sound

I think the default is Vector if I remember right, de-select and re-select to see if that's what you're hearing. If so, all is well and you're getting at least one text or email upon starting up the phone.

7. birthofahero

i just went through all my tones and none of them is the one that I hear which is really weird. And in my notification bar it just tells me that its mounting the sd card and preparing phone storage

8. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Ok. Once the card is recognized and you're all booted up, pull down your notification bar one more time. Is there anything listed under "ongoing"?