Heating IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. dunjamon

dunjamon Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed any weird heating issues on there N4 recently? Last couple of days I've noticed mine getting really hot and the battery taking a battering. If I then reboot it seems to be fine for the rest of the day.

I've not installed any new apps recently...only had a couple of google updates (search and plus) but that's all.

2. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

Haven't had that - and it does not sound right.

I'd contact Google support ASAP - last thing you need is your phone flaming out!
  3. dunjamon

I hope it doesn't get that bad. It's not overly hot, but just hot like is someone's been using it for a while (playing an intense game).

I'm going to try and manually update to 4.2.2 and see if that makes any difference.
  4. tetzumaru

tetzumaru Member

I notice mine gets hot when i run FPSE for more than 15minutes also when the screen is on (watching) for more than 45minutes.
  5. blahblahyoutoo

blahblahyoutoo Well-Known Member

mine gets hot just surfing and playing mp3's in the background.
  6. tetzumaru

tetzumaru Member

thats odd. I experience mine gets hot surfing more than 30mints but mp3 on the background never. Check your battery drainage thing on the settings.
  7. dunjamon

With the 4.2.2 it seems to have calmed down a lot. Doesn't heat up as much and the battery seems more stable.
  8. john30308

john30308 Well-Known Member

Some app is using a lot of processing. Check your battery stats to see if you can find it. Not right.
  9. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Well-Known Member

I guess if all 4 cores are working flat out, that would generate a bit of heat .. and hammer the battery.

Shouldn't be an issue if you're just playing MP3s though: I play them them for hours on end an my phone remains cool to the touch.
  10. Spewy

Spewy Well-Known Member

Mine went super hot in my pocket today. I wasnt even using it! lost about 20%in about 30 mins. turned it off and on and has been fine since.
  11. dunjamon

That's what mine was doing for a couple of days on the trot. Seems to be OK now tho.
  12. DrArmageddon

DrArmageddon Member

My phone was heating and throttling like crazy just now too. Until I closed Facebook from the multitasking menu. Damn Facebook.