heating problems while using navigation

Last Updated:

1. richyb86

richyb86 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have seen a few people report heating issues while running or playing apps for periods of time but while i use navigation it gets red hot after an hour or so. The charger is plugged in also in the car. I wonder if this is the issue???

Advertisement
  2. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty normal to me. You are running a process that will use a lot of the phones processing power plus it is charging so personally I would not worry about it too much.

3. richyb86

richyb86 New Member This Topic's Starter

Yh I was just worried about how hot and if it would damage any other of the components?

4. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

The battery is the biggest concern. I'd imagine it would have an auto cut off if it reaches a high enough temperature. Most people recommend using an air vent mount if using it plugged in as a sat-nav, to keep it cool.

5. HTC D

HTC D Member

I believe battery temperature should not go above 40 C. (would keep battery to last longer)
    Do you keep your device open to the sunlights while in the car? (that might increase temp. as well)

6. adam1985

adam1985 Well-Known Member

I noticed that mine gets hot as well so i have mine mounted over an airvent which works well with the aircon :D